Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Wilder - Breazeale May 18 on PPV
03-09-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: Wilder - Breazeale May 18 on PPV
Correction, DAZN has them. Hearn doesnt "have" Canelo... GB does. DAZN is merely the platform. They will force Hearns hand with Matchups like Canelo/Jacobs... these are the types of fights Matchroom typically stays away from.

Now if the platform continues to grow, I'll def buy in. But I'm not too keen on paying $120/yr for fights I wouldnt purchase on PPV regardless. Honestly there arent many PPV fights out there...

I think Boxing got luccy with DAZN.. they want more of the major sports leagues like NBA, NFL, MLB, EPL, etc. With those all being tied to networks DAZN has no choice but to wait out those contracts, boxing is probably a footnote in their programming.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how long they'll actually continue with boxing once guys like AJ or Canelo lose or eventually retire. Guys are signing in Hope's of winning those lotteries, similar to how AL got all the WWs gunning for Floyd.. but with the cash they're dumping on Canelo, GGG, AJ possibly Wilder, idk how long till they eventually deem it too expensive or not enough profit margin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2019, 02:59 PM
They have private equity money - and a good amount of it.

When you look at Spence Garcia as a $75 PPV...or any other PBC big fight at $75, I think $10 a month for every fight including Canelo, Joshua, GGG, Sor Rungvisai, etc is well worth it.
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2019, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2019 12:03 AM by JONdaCON.)
I dont think there is anyone I wanna support with PPVs other then Spence, maybe Deontay depending on the undercard(and Mostly cuz his daughter).

But Spence is in Texas, so I just go to his fights, till he moves on to Vegas.

I'll go see anyone really tho. I'll be going to Mo Hookers next fight here in Dallas in June... but I dont spend $75/yr on boxing...
03-10-2019, 10:27 AM
In the U.S alone DAZN has roughly 5 million subscribers. That's 50 mil a month. That's not worldwide just USA

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Yea but in America everyone has ADD or ADHD.

Netflix, Hulu, Pokemon Go, Fortnite, just a few examples.. They'll get tired of it eventually and start dropping. Plus with SO many different subscription services, they'll begin to trade one for another.

Subs are for Hardcore fans of said product, people with disposable income or lazy ppl who try free trials and forget to cancel.

DAZN has never released actual viewing numbers in terms of boxing. I suspect they wont ever. For them as a company, they don't care WHY people subscribe at this point, or what sport they prefer. They just want the money and the subscribers atm.
03-10-2019, 12:51 PM
If adding fighters adds subs, they don’t care.

Watch...don’t watch. Just subscribe.
03-10-2019, 02:46 PM
I hope it works. I'd much rather pay for three or four subscriptions per month at, say $40 (or £40), and get a bunch of fighters and shows than fork out for two or three PPV's for one show at a time.

Black
03-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Agreed. 3 boxing PPV’s at $225 or DAZN at $10 / mo
03-11-2019, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2019 12:45 PM by JONdaCON.)
Damn who buys 3 PPVs a year?! Lol. Yea I wouldn't want that either. Lol.

And Blk pays $25... not $75 but I get the point.

I'll Sub eventually I'm sure. Just waiting for the right names... if not, I'll just continue to stream all the fights free..
03-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Please...if I’m not going out on a Sat night and I’ve got nothing doing, I’m ordering.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)