Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Why don't boxers date A-List Celebrities?
12-31-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm not trying to start celebrity gossip on a boxing forum. I just read that A-Rod was dating Torie Wilson of WWE fame. It seems that MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, Tennis and Soccer players date get the creme of the crop when it comes to hot women(Tom Brady & Giselle),etc. I thought one of the perks of being a professional athlete was for the money and a stable of hot women? Am I wrong? Tyson had Naomi Campbell and Beverly Johnson. Oscar had Shanna Moakler. That was then. The only couple I can think of when it comes to Current NON-RETIRED fighters is:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2011, 03:42 AM
Hey hey don't be so fast. Floyd Mayweather is dating one of the biggest celebs on the planet.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-31-2011, 05:55 AM
I think Ollie just threw a wrench in your whole theory.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2011, 10:53 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:Hey hey don't be so fast. Floyd Mayweather is dating one of the biggest celebs on the planet.

That Post just made my day!!!! Laughing My Fucking Ass Off Right NoW!!!!!!!!!
12-31-2011, 03:25 PM
Movie Stars get the creme of the crop. Tom Brady is sort of an anamoly. I don't knowing NFL, NBA, MLB NHL stars that get the creme of the crop.

Actors and rock stars get the a-listers.
12-31-2011, 03:39 PM
I read somewhere that Wlad and Hayden were done. It probably had something to do with the recovery time needed everytime the Thoroughbred ran through her...it was fucking with her career.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
12-31-2011, 07:10 PM
What does a boxer bring to an A list celeb?

When hooking up with an athlete a celebrity needs to look at the following harsh but true facts

Earning potential: A average major sport athlete earns far more money than an average boxer. Unlike a boxer X athlete earns a certain minimum regardless of how they perform. A bad game is exactly that & that can be corrected in the next game. A bad fight returns a fighter to obscurity earning fuck all for putting their lives on the line.

Fame: No one knows boxers outside the boxing fanbase. There are some exceptions to the norm but fucking a boxer will not bring any exposure to that new movie/album will it? Not the same way as fucking the starting QB for the Broncos or some shit team.

Longevity: A pretty good major athlete can expect a career of what 5-10 years earning a million + per year. Can the same be said of a boxer?

There are a shitload of other things but boxers are bottom feeders at best when it comes to celebrity status & earning potential unless you are a complete superstar & they are one in a million.
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
STEVENSKI Wrote:What does a boxer bring to an A list celeb?

When hooking up with an athlete a celebrity needs to look at the following harsh but true facts

Earning potential: A average major sport athlete earns far more money than an average boxer. Unlike a boxer X athlete earns a certain minimum regardless of how they perform. A bad game is exactly that & that can be corrected in the next game. A bad fight returns a fighter to obscurity earning fuck all for putting their lives on the line.

Fame: No one knows boxers outside the boxing fanbase. There are some exceptions to the norm but fucking a boxer will not bring any exposure to that new movie/album will it? Not the same way as fucking the starting QB for the Broncos or some shit team.

Longevity: A pretty good major athlete can expect a career of what 5-10 years earning a million + per year. Can the same be said of a boxer?

There are a shitload of other things but boxers are bottom feeders at best when it comes to celebrity status & earning potential unless you are a complete superstar & they are one in a million.
That makes complete sense...

Rusty's sister got approached by a limousine on the streets of NYC. A guy opened the door, introduced himself and invited her in...she told him to fuck off, having no clue who Arturo Gatti is. Granted, when she told RT he told her how badly she just screwed up his life, and that the next time Arturo Gatti invites her into a limo that she better get in and do whatever she has to do to get him in Arturo's posse.

Now, if Rusty Trombone's sister don't give a fuck about a World Champion, then why would any Hollywood Starlet?

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
01-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Spyder Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:What does a boxer bring to an A list celeb?

That makes complete sense...

Rusty's sister got approached by a limousine on the streets of NYC. A guy opened the door, introduced himself and invited her in...she told him to fuck off, having no clue who Arturo Gatti is. Granted, when she told RT he told her how badly she just screwed up his life, and that the next time Arturo Gatti invites her into a limo that she better get in and do whatever she has to do to get him in Arturo's posse.

Now, if Rusty Trombone's sister don't give a fuck about a World Champion, then why would any Hollywood Starlet?
Very good points!!!!! I would fight Vitali for Hayden!!!!
01-02-2012, 01:41 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:Hey hey don't be so fast. Floyd Mayweather is dating one of the biggest celebs on the planet.

Hahahahahhahahahha

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)