Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Who wins at their best?
Arturo Gatti
Amir Khan
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Arturo Gatti-Amir Khan: Who would've won?
07-01-2019, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2019 05:01 AM by ViperSniper.)
Arturo Gatti-Amir Khan: Who would've won?
One is a fan favourite & the other is not, but both were to an extent, too tough for their own good.

Both Gatti & Khan spent most their career at 140-147 being in exciting matches but are no strangers to pain & loss in the ring.

This would have been a fuckin crazy fight to have watched..like one crazy ass fucking fight! I don't see this going to the cards!

I prefer Gatti's chances better at 140 but feel Khan will have the boxing skills and speed to be able to keep the shootout from the outside & possibly stop Gatti around the 9th or 10th!

How do these compare from 140-147 fighters & who would have taken this on both their best?

Does Khan's chin hold up to Gatti's punch & pressure or does Gatti get busted & beat to the punch by Khan?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2019, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2019 02:34 AM by blackbelt2003.)
RE: Arturo Gatti-Amir Khan: Who would've won?
Both were exciting fighters with vulnerabilities that made them so watchable.

Gatti might edge Khan because of his advantage in the toughness stakes down at 140, but Gatti was shit at 147 so Khan might beat him there.

Black
07-01-2019, 08:13 AM
I think both were fan favorites.

People might think Khan has a glass jaw and that he ducked Brooks, but I think everyone loved watching him fight - almost especially when he lost or got staggered - which is why he made so much money.

I'd take Khan all day on his speed and his jab but anything could obviously happen.
07-01-2019, 08:29 AM
(07-01-2019 08:13 AM)salvador Wrote:  I think both were fan favorites.

People might think Khan has a glass jaw and that he ducked Brooks, but I think everyone loved watching him fight - almost especially when he lost or got staggered - which is why he made so much money.

I'd take Khan all day on his speed and his jab but anything could obviously happen.

Not to say that fans didn't enjoy watching Khan fight, but he has never had a huge following or been adored the way Gatti was.

As for Khan ducking Brooks, I never looked at it that way. Business wise, that fight will always be able to get made purely due to it being a domestic fight!

Khan peaked years ago but managed to get big fights and for the most part stay more in the spotlight than Brooks.

That fight will eventually happen..Khan's retirement plan!
07-01-2019, 10:09 AM
I voted Khan.. Gatti was too hittable and although I think he takes Khans best shots, he easily gets outboxed. But he'll have some moments.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2019, 09:51 AM
Khan wins this one just as easy as Floyd did.
07-02-2019, 06:32 PM
I should say Khan...BUT his penchant to fight a brawlers fight gets his Chinju dumb ass clipped.
07-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Khan wins as long as he avoids that Gatti left hook.
07-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Yeah, the more I think about it the more I agree. Khan may well light him up at 140, as well.

Black
07-03-2019, 04:29 PM
Khan is dumb. Khan gives him a chance and loses.

Gatti at 35 and 40. Khan maybe at 47.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arturo Gatti - Adrien Broner: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 1,559 05-04-2018 09:58 PM
Last Post: Dickagon
  Arturo Gatti-Marcos Maidana ViperSniper 7 2,358 11-18-2017 06:52 AM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Amir Khan - Rock(ed) hard Fitz 7 4,379 01-17-2017 10:06 PM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)