Poll: Who wins the rematch?
This poll is closed.
Ruiz Jr by KO/TKO 71.43% 5 71.43%
Ruiz Jr by decision 0% 0 0%
Joshua by KO/TKO 14.29% 1 14.29%
Joshua by decision 14.29% 1 14.29%
Total 7 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ruiz-Joshua II: December 7th in Saudi Arabia!
08-01-2019, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2019 09:18 PM by ViperSniper.)
Ruiz-Joshua II: December 7th in Saudi Arabia!
Andy Ruiz Jr announced this on JRE but couldn't reveal the exact date or location..

How does the rematch unfold??

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2019, 04:47 AM
RE: Ruiz-Joshua II set for December
It's either Ruiz by emphatic stoppage again (I've voted for that) or Joshua sorts his shit out and boxes sensibly for a safety first decision.

There's also an outside chance of a Joshua devastating early win (bearing in mind he did hurt and floor Ruiz in the first one).

Black
08-01-2019, 05:02 AM
Joshua by ko after dominating Ruiz with the jab.

Ruiz landed one punch behind the ear in the 3rd round that won him the fight the first time. I think it's unlikely we'll see that again.

The highlight reel for Ruiz-Joshua has gotten over 13MM Youtube views so maybe the PPV will be huge this time around. Wouldn't it be funny if getting ko'd ended up making Joshua even more marketable?
08-01-2019, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2019 12:48 PM by ViperSniper.)
(08-01-2019 04:47 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  It's either Ruiz by emphatic stoppage again (I've voted for that) or Joshua sorts his shit out and boxes sensibly for a safety first decision.

There's also an outside chance of a Joshua devastating early win (bearing in mind he did hurt and floor Ruiz in the first one).

Black

Exactly black!! Ever since a rematch has been discussed it seems Ruiz Jr has all of a sudden become a big pick & rightfully so!

However it's as if this is quick to be forgotten that AJ was able to drop Ruiz good & not only got the 1st KD of the fight but also the 1st guy to KD Ruiz Jr.

If AJ can drop Ruiz Jr the first fight, then nothing saying he can't do it again or even get the job done second time around!

At the end of the day..these a Heavyweights we're dealing with who both can crack too!

AJ may be too much of a bimbo to really comprehend the severity of what happened that night & may have no ill effects of the stoppage.

Based on their first, Ruiz is the much safer bet but based on some factors..I don't think I'll make a pick for this until fight week or the weigh in!

Also Ruiz Jr had said he already told Rogan where the fight was..so when they discussed the location later for the audiences sake..they had both smirked. UK, NYC, L.A & Vegas were mentioned.

I'm convinced it's back at the Garden or the Staples Centre based on their body language lol
08-01-2019, 12:45 PM
I chose Ruiz to repeat the Stoppage.. tho AJ comfortably and safely boxing to a Dec was a close option as well. I dont see AJ pulling off the KO.. when he dropped Ruiz, Ruiz immediately got up and wasnt really hurt, he was then hit with a MONSTROUS straight right but he ate it like a half melted sniccers bar going to waste...

I can see AJ using the old Klit technique of Jab, Jab Clinch...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2019, 12:52 PM
Anyone feel AJ has more room for improvement than Ruiz or have we already seen a glimps of AJ's best?
08-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Technically AJ has lots to learn, but it's all about his mentality.

This defeat could have shattered him and we see a cautious, careful AJ who boxes safely and efficiently.

Or we could see an AJ who goes guns blazing to recreate himself.

Paradoxically, the former would be a better version to win fights.

The latter is another KO loss waiting to happen round the corner.

Joshua is becoming more and more like Wlad Klit all the time, albeit without the higher skill level.

Black
08-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Someone said Ruiz let the location slip during the interview... or atleast eluded to it enough. Haven't seen it yet.

Can anyone confirm? They mentioned it was towards the end.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2019, 06:00 PM
(08-01-2019 05:34 PM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  Technically AJ has lots to learn, but it's all about his mentality.

This defeat could have shattered him and we see a cautious, careful AJ who boxes safely and efficiently.

Or we could see an AJ who goes guns blazing to recreate himself.

Paradoxically, the former would be a better version to win fights.

The latter is another KO loss waiting to happen round the corner.

Joshua is becoming more and more like Wlad Klit all the time, albeit without the higher skill level.

Black

Agreed with this. I don't think it's so much a case of what changes stylistically it's more how Joshua handles the KO. Still if all those stories about him getting dropped in training are even half true maybe it doesn't effect him in the least, in which case i see him using his athletic advantages and box to a safety first win (see his fight with Joe.) If he is still carrying some demons into the rematch I can see him playing into Ruiz's hands again and getting KO'ed.

If the fight turns out to be in the UK he does have the comfort of knowing Ruiz has to knock him out twice to even get a draw.

Ruiz looks like he's already put on more weight since the fight which doesn't bode well.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-01-2019, 06:26 PM
In the Rogan interview Ruiz let slip there was no way the fight was going to be in the UK, which is what Joshua's team wanted.

It'll be MSG again.

Just watched the first fight again and I now think I AJ will box his way to a win, maybe catching Ruiz and stopping him at some point. He looked well in control until he got stupid. He has now been hurt twice, badly, whilst going for stoppages and I think he'll turn into Wlad and box cautiously from now on.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fury - Joshua in December JD 98 3,591 11-19-2022 04:58 PM
Last Post: JD
  Ruiz-Joshua 2 card results. TheTeddyBear 4 418 12-08-2019 06:15 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Ruiz 283, Joshua 237 JD 3 488 12-06-2019 02:25 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)