Erik Morales
Marco Antonio Barrera
Manny Pacqiuao
Lennox Lewis
Wladamir Klitschko
Joe Calzaghe
Andre Ward
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Post 2000: Greatest Fighter
12-25-2019, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2019 10:18 AM by ViperSniper.)
Post 2000: Greatest Fighter
Who has been the single greatest boxer since 2000? Many to go over, consider & many that may either fall short or still shine over the years!

Some fighters will either suffer or be left out due to their best work happening in the 90's or other circumstances.

Who has fought the best, accomplished the most & proven their greatness the most in the last 20 years?

I came up (in no particular order) with the 65 best fighters from the past 20 years!

Honorable mentions

V.Klitschko
Donaire
Byrd
Ruiz
Wright
Calderon
Chocolotito
Montiel
Wonjongkam
Tszyu
Forrest
De La Hoya
Mayweather
Hatton
Marquez
Sturm
Ottke
Kessler
Abraham
Taylor
Spinks
Martinez
Tarver
Kovalev
Darchinnyian
GGG
Canelo
Bradley
Toney
Mayorga
Cotto
Margarito
Judah
Casamayor
Castillo
Corrales
Frietas
C.John
Larios
R.Marquez
Vazquez
Mormeck
Jirov
Michalczewski
Johnson

Latest editions
Rigondeaux
Lomachenko
Crawford
Usyk
Inoue
Fury
Joshua
Wilder
Porter
Stevenson
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2019, 12:38 PM
RE: Post 2000: Greatest Fighter
Where's Bhop?

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
12-25-2019, 04:09 PM
No Mayweather Jr.?

Also, why the fuck is Joe Calzaghe on this list?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-25-2019, 04:32 PM
This is hard to say. Who are we evaluating and how? It's easier to split it up 2000-2010 and 2010-2020. 20 years is a long time and most of those fighters have had some serious peaks and valleys.
12-26-2019, 12:38 AM
If we're going solely off this list I'm going Pacquiao.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-26-2019, 03:25 AM
(12-26-2019 12:38 AM)JONdaCON Wrote:  If we're going solely off this list I'm going Pacquiao.

Me too. I felt Roy's absolute peak was just before 2000.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
12-26-2019, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2019 10:15 PM by ViperSniper.)
(12-25-2019 04:09 PM)Snoop Wrote:  No Mayweather Jr.?

Also, why the fuck is Joe Calzaghe on this list?

Mayweather gets mentioned but in terms of the past 20 years I feel he slips outside the top 10! I know right..it's Floyd Mayweather though..TBE!! Floyd is hands down the most successful boxer of all time in terms of digits, money, fame & one of the most talented fighters ever!! But that doesn't cut it against other careers that took place in the past 20 years!

Floyd has a strong case of being higher..but he lacks wins..certainly not the amount of them, but more so the quality of them!

Joe Calzaghe may be considered the greatest 168 fighter..ever & holds the record title defenses at Super Middleweight there too with 21!

Yet, manages to do his biggest work at 175! His win over a legend & all time great in Hopkins was major & then retires undefeated!

(12-25-2019 04:32 PM)Dickagon Wrote:  This is hard to say. Who are we evaluating and how? It's easier to split it up 2000-2010 and 2010-2020. 20 years is a long time and most of those fighters have had some serious peaks and valleys.

That's why all time lists/rankings can be difficult. 20 years is alot but nothing compared to the history of the sport!

(12-26-2019 03:25 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Me too. I felt Roy's absolute peak was just before 2000.

True! Roy suffers here as alot of his prime & alot of his work was done in the 90's.

However from 2000-2003 Roy started the millennium as the p4p #1 best in the world for 3 years straight..Mayweather was in his prime during this time also & wasn't even p4p close to Roy, Hopkins or others being discussed.

Roy is the best Light Heavyweight in the last 20 years & some would say possibly the best ever!

Roy moves up 2 divisions to Heavyweight to beat Ruiz who was the biggest opponent Roy had ever faced in his career by over 50 pounds! Makes history there (with ease). That's majority of Pacqiuao's career/legacy all rolled into a single fight for Roy with no Catchweights or bs either!

What unfortunately gets minimal recognition is the feat of a Heavyweight moving down 2 divisions to regain the Light Heavyweight title against Tarver!! Can anyone confirm if that's been done before? Either or, it's a gem!

In those first 3 years Roy Jones Jr managed to accomplish a ton!!

(12-25-2019 12:38 PM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Where's Bhop?

He's there!!

The best fighter in the millennium has to be either Bernard Hopkins or Manny Pacqiuao!

2 completely different fighters inside the ring..infact they couldn't be anymore different in terms of skills & approach!

What's more impressive though?? A tiny dude beating up big dudes or an old man beating up younger guys? lol

One proved size doesn't matter & the other proved that age is just a number..

HOWEVER..with Pacqiuao's latest victory over Thurman at the age of 40..Pacqiuao has added another dimension to his legacy & career.

Pacqiuao beating Thurman has made Pac enter that elite 40's club with fighters like Moore, Foreman & Hopkins.

Hopkins on the other hand entered the millennium as an written-off fighter whose best days were behind him.

Hopkins was a 90's fighter that happen to have alll his best work post 2000's & all his best work when he was "past his prime" starting with the Trinidad fight!

Hopkins managed to cap off his work that began in the 90's by making his historic 20 MW title defenses & becoming the oldest boxing world champion in history, THEN beating that by another year for good measure!

Hopkins managed to be "old" for the rest of his career until he actually did become old at the very end!

Here are both their best wins in the past 20 years..

Hopkins:

Echols
Trinidad
Wright
Tarver
Pavlik
Pascal
Cloud

Pacqiuao:

Barrera
Morales
Marquez
Hatton
Cotto
Bradley
Thurman
12-26-2019, 02:06 PM
It's still Mayweather for me, despite the question marks and the asterisks.

Closely followed by Pac and Hopkins.

Black
12-26-2019, 06:24 PM
You do a list on who the best fighters are in the past 20 years and you don't think Mayweather deserves to have a nomination?
I hate Mayweather as much as the next guy, but wow. How is anyone meant to take this seriously?
LOL.

Joe Calazaghe has Lacy and Hopkins (Jones isn't worthy) but he is greater than Mayweather lol.
12-26-2019, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 10:39 PM by Dickagon.)
Hopkins then easy. He's been the most successful, best longevity and no pussy shit.

Talk some sense into your brother, Fitz. I swear your boy is drinking goon and building a shrine to Canelo. Get him help

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Post 2000: Most fan-friendly HW title fight ViperSniper 4 557 02-23-2020 07:29 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
Exclamation Post 2000: Floyd reallly TBE?? ViperSniper 33 2,311 01-19-2020 04:16 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Post 2000: Greatest boxing rivalry ViperSniper 24 1,572 01-10-2020 06:44 PM
Last Post: Snoop

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)