Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Austin Trout
02-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Austin Trout
Has there been a bigger or more accelerated fall from Grace than Austin Trout? I mean he was very very highly touted, beat Cotto in his own house gave pre Floyd Canelo a hell of a fight and then *poof* he's gone to the B side forever fighting nobody's or young champions as a stiff test. It's baffling how fast it all went away for Trout.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: Austin Trout
The fact that Clanelo fought Trout right after Trout beat Cotto was the high water mark for Clanelo's credibility. I really thought that Oscar was putting Clanelo in with the top guys with all styles - including a tricky southpaw like Trout - because Oscar wanted to build a real fighter.

Trout never had any charisma or power and so he was a tough sell for fans to begin with. After he lost to Alvarez and Lara he was an easy fighter to avoid.
02-01-2020, 04:42 PM
That open scoring really screwed Trout. I remember him looking so good, but when he found out he was down on the cards, he started to get aggressive and open up more, which played right into Canelos hands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Canelo landed one good punch all night.
02-01-2020, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2020 11:08 PM by ViperSniper.)
Yeah Trout dropped off the scene a bit afterwards..maybe not so much on Trouts heights but other fighters that had some form of success & relevance that really dropped were Kotelnik, Cloud, Clottey & McBride in their own ways.

Kotelnik had fought Maidana, Khan & Alexander in a row, gave Maidana his first loss & felt he clearly beat Alexander but got shafted on the cards. Goes ghost for years, fights 1 fight & never stepped back in the ring since! I was impressed with Kotelnik who at the time was criticized for being a bit too euro in the ring but had a great jab, solid skills and consistent punch output!

Clottey after the Pacqiuao display completely disappeared from the scene! Clottey is still hopeful of a rematch against Pac in 2020!!..

Cloud was amongst the best at Light Heavyweight, being one of the champs had been in the ring with Stevenson, Hopkins ect then gets done in 2 against Beterbiev then done

Kevin McBride causing the upset against Tyson was inactive after the victory then gets blasted out of there in his first fight against Mollo off memory. Never capitalized on his big moment & became irrelevant
02-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Trouts talking about being a Welterweight now but he weighed 149 that's not welter dummy

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now! Nay_Sayer 99 83,850 05-29-2013 06:07 PM
Last Post: jlupi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)