Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Sergio Martinez comeback for serious
03-16-2020, 10:33 PM
Sergio Martinez comeback for serious
Former middleweight champion Sergio Martinez is planning a comeback in Spain this June and he wants a real test, not a tune-up. The name of Marcos Maidana has been proposed and both sides are interested in the possibility, either in June or more likely in the following fight if Martinez looks good in his comeback. Both last fought in 2014. Martinez (45) against Miguel Cotto, and Maidana (37) against Floyd Mayweather.

Hahah Haha diarrhea suggests Haha Haha

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2020, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2020 10:52 PM by Snoop.)
RE: Sergio Martinez comeback for serious
Wait, so a 37-year old Maidana coming off a nearly 6 year layoff and fighting two weight classes above his former division is considered a "real test"?

LMAO.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2020, 11:07 PM
This idea is TRASH!!!!
03-16-2020, 11:29 PM
Straight from fightnews

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
03-17-2020, 02:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2020 02:01 AM by ViperSniper.)
Man there was some solid coverage on Marcos Maidana making a comeback a year or so ago to Welterweight and totally forgot about that until now. I guess his comeback has already not gone to plan even before his first comeback fight.
The ONLY people this should have interest are Argentines..even then I'd like to think they'd know this is not only shit but wouldn't mean anything too.

If Maidana can't make 147 anymore..then campaign at 154 & try land fights with a Kirkland or Angulo for a fan friendly fight that may lead to something..if not exposure n some money.

Martinez was barely able to fight 6 or so years ago. IF he is going to comeback then fight a ranked Middleweight fighter..
03-17-2020, 04:04 AM
Listen to what you just said Viper, "he could barely fight 6 or so years ago. If he's going to come back then fight a ranked middleweight fighter" fucking why? Why is the Sam hell should he fight a ranked middleweight if he couldn't cut it 6 years ago? What did he ever do to you that makes you want him to get slaughtered? He's paid his dues and given us great fights over the years. Let the man fight who and how he wants. He owes us nothing. I would rather see a Margarito rematch than watch him get mauled by a contender.

03-17-2020, 05:11 AM
Madiana could probably get a ko and a big payday at 160 or 168.
03-18-2020, 04:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2020 04:10 AM by ViperSniper.)
(03-17-2020 04:04 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Listen to what you just said Viper, "he could barely fight 6 or so years ago. If he's going to come back then fight a ranked middleweight fighter" fucking why? Why is the Sam hell should he fight a ranked middleweight if he couldn't cut it 6 years ago? What did he ever do to you that makes you want him to get slaughtered? He's paid his dues and given us great fights over the years. Let the man fight who and how he wants. He owes us nothing. I would rather see a Margarito rematch than watch him get mauled by a contender.

HA!
Yeah when you put it like THAT TeddyBear I see what you're getting at! You're right.

I must have been caught up on the original talks of Sergio Martinez coming back to face Canelo & the fact that Miguel Cotto may have been the worst Middleweight champion in history (despite being a credible fighter & no slouch in the ring at Middleweight).

So yeah..not sure why Martinez would be even able to beat a top middleweight if he was on the slide 6 years back.

I was a huge Martinez fan (under appreciated fighter/underrated Middleweight) & would now think even contenders would be too much!

Hmm..maybe IF he was gonna make a comeback then a Maidana fight may be more suitable..until his leg goes, along with the rest of his collapsing body from a tubby Maidana!..
03-19-2020, 04:01 AM
Martinez has got to be careful.

At 68yrs of age he is a high risk candidate for covid 19.

Black
03-19-2020, 05:40 AM
Who's more suspect? Cotto or Martinez?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Then & Now: Oscar De La Hoya-Sergio Martinez ViperSniper 4 568 08-23-2020 10:21 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Sergio Martinez being Considered for Canelo JD 12 873 01-23-2020 07:31 PM
Last Post: TheTeddyBear
  Sergio Martinez-Canelo Alvarez: Who wins? ViperSniper 4 614 07-12-2019 04:09 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)