Mike Tyson by KO/TKO 100.00% 7 100.00%
Mike Tyson by decision 0% 0 0%
Roy Jones Jr by KO/TKO 0% 0 0%
Roy Jones Jr by decision 0% 0 0%
Total 7 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones (Exhibition)
12-02-2020, 11:38 PM
RE: Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones (Exhibition)
Has anyone seen Holyfield lately? I know he was always in great shape when he was active, but being out of the ring for a decade or so now I can't recall seeing if he's been taking care of himself. I think he's a few years older than Tyson too. I'd be down to see them lock horns again, but as others have stated above only if it was a real fight... 8 rounder or whatever.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2020, 06:55 AM
(12-02-2020 11:38 PM)BrutalBodyShots Wrote:  Has anyone seen Holyfield lately? I know he was always in great shape when he was active, but being out of the ring for a decade or so now I can't recall seeing if he's been taking care of himself. I think he's a few years older than Tyson too. I'd be down to see them lock horns again, but as others have stated above only if it was a real fight... 8 rounder or whatever.

He looks surprisingly good. He's lost the mustache, but other than that looks nearly identical to what he looked like at the tail end of his career.

He even sounds good too.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-03-2020, 06:58 AM
(12-02-2020 10:39 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Put this top of my list of things I didn't need to know today.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
12-03-2020, 07:59 AM
There was a point where Holy was starting to slur his words and sounded a bit muddled up all the time...glad to see the break from the ring has refreshed his brain a little.

Black
12-03-2020, 01:14 PM
(12-02-2020 07:54 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Speak of the devil. How are you feeling about heavyweight these days, BG?

Man, Honestly.....boxing for me now days is such a tiny part of my life and interests. I mean, how can it not be, along with personal life changes, marriage and now a baby, but no more HBO boxing and no more really impressive fighters. It's just a passive interest now for me.

AND, I'm speaking of all divisions not just HW. Occasionally, there will be an interesting fight I'll keep tabs on, like Fury/Wilder or Joshua/Ruiz....but there are no fights in any class Ill pay PPV for or go out of my way to watch now days.

For me, boxing is just a wonderful part of my past that I love revisiting on dvd or youtube. I'm currently converting all my vast VHS boxing collection to DVD so I can reduce storage space and have them for when I'm an old man in retirement. Ill show my kids the old stuff, but with the way the sport has gone, totally erased from tv and now even cable and mostly going toward streaming and Pay services like DZN.

NAH....thanks but no thanks....

I consider boxing like NBA.....I saw it at it's best and have little interest in it today. I saw MJ during his career and now I cannot even watch current NBA without comparing it and thus it sucks now and I pay little attention to it. It's hard to get excited about a sport when you saw it at it's very absolute best.
12-03-2020, 01:21 PM
What a good but sad post
12-03-2020, 06:56 PM
It's weird how we all see it.

I felt a little like you, BG, about five or six years ago. I'd stopped watching all but the big fights and felt it was missing something from the previous decade.

In all honesty I'm enjoying boxing more now than ever. There seems to be more unifications and unified champs than ever before, there seems to be a better global presence rather than just the same old countries, and boxing here in the UK is once again a water cooler and taxi driver topic, moreso than it has been in the last thirty years.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Iron" Mike Tyson v "Gimp" Logan Paul lloyd mayflower 5 581 11-01-2021 06:16 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Tyson - Jones does 1.2 Million Buys JD 5 719 12-08-2020 06:23 PM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club
  Mike Tyson on JRE Snoop 1 360 09-09-2020 04:49 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)