Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Documentary films/series
05-20-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: Documentary films/series
I don't know where to start but The Last Dance was amazing to watch! What a fuckin ride!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2020, 11:34 PM
(04-17-2020 06:28 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I'll let you know when I get to the end brother. Done six episodes so far.

The boxing is shit (as it always in every movie/series I've ever seen apart from Ali and maybe Play it to the Bone), but the acting is very good and its uncanny how much the guys playing Monzon at different ages look like him.

Black

Did you ever finish the series, Black?

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2020, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2020 11:54 PM by ViperSniper.)
finished the 5 part series doco to The Last Ride which documented The Undertaker's career & life outside of the ring from the last 5 or so years! Solid watch if you're already a fan!

Also watched Black Fish the other week about the killer whale that killed it's trainer at seaworld! Great watch!

The Dark Side Of The Ring documentary series on Vice were amazing on the lives & shady business that went on in the lives of pro wrestlers! I don't believe you need to be a wrestling fan to enjoy these docos either as some of the stories & lives they cover are so out there! They did a great job on the Chris Benoit & Owen Hart stories!
07-14-2020, 06:41 AM
Recently watched Trump The American Dream doco series & also the Epstein doco Dirty Money.

(04-05-2020 02:19 PM)salvador Wrote:  I'm guessing that most of the Americans here saw "Three Identical Strangers" because it was replayed on CNN constantly for about a month a couple of years ago, but anyone who hasn't should see it.

It's about identical triplets who were separated at birth as part of an actual experiment. They were raised in different families and had no idea that the others existed. It was purely by chance that they met up when they were college age. It's almost too much to be believed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-OF0OaK3o0

Just finished this doco now!
Wow! What a fuckin story! I remember reading an article on this story years ago so was excited to see when you posted about the doco!
Such an unbelievable & sad story!
07-27-2020, 07:24 AM
Who has seen Fear City on Netflix about the 5 biggest families in the mobworld in New York?

It's crazy to find out just how much power they really had. They were basically running New York City!

Excellent 3 part documentary!
07-29-2020, 07:38 AM
Nah, but seen the promo. Wanna catch it.
08-23-2020, 04:56 AM
Finished the new Netflix doco series High Score which is the history of videogames. They touch on the beginning of arcades, home consoles, competitions, games on PC, online gaming the war between Nintendo & Sega. For anyone that at one point in their lives got into gaming, should enjoy this. Awsome watch
09-13-2020, 11:40 PM
Ted Bundy Tapes
Always heard about the story/name but was unaware as to how fucked he really was! Good doco.

Don't F*** With Cats
Heard so much about this doco & decided to give it a go without know a great deal either. I was shocked at how everything slowly unfolded & with so much footage to go by & how out of control the story gets, it felt like watching a movie. Good doco but had me in a bad mood also.

The Social Dilemma
Great doco on the dangers of major social media platforms.

My Octopus Teacher
Excellent doco about a photographer forming a bond with an octopus he ends up visits everyday for the rest of it's short octupus life. Great footage of the very strange behaviour & bond it forms.
11-13-2020, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 08:35 PM by ViperSniper.)
The Wait
This was a doco about Tyson's first fight back from prison & is filmed from the perspective of Peter McNeeley's life leading into the big fight. Very interesting footage to see such mixed emotions in the McNeeley camp who had no expectations of winning, celebrating before the fight & also showing concern too lol.

E60: Tyson Collection
This was a recent doco with alot of unseen footage, spanning from the early days to 2020! Good watch!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)