Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Joshua - Usyk 8/28 ALMOST DONE
05-22-2021, 07:26 AM
Joshua - Usyk 8/28 ALMOST DONE
Fight is close to done - they pivoted to Usyk when Wilder won the arbitration case and Fury was unwilling to pay the step aside money.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2021, 07:37 AM
RE: Joshua - Usyk 8/28 ALMOST DONE
Well yeah.... Give me this if I cant have AJ v Fury.

Winners fight. Usyk v Fury would be some laugh.
05-23-2021, 05:01 AM
(05-22-2021 07:37 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  Well yeah.... Give me this if I cant have AJ v Fury.

Winners fight. Usyk v Fury would be some laugh.

Unfortunately I don't think Usyk has a hope in hell.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
05-23-2021, 05:56 AM
(05-23-2021 05:01 AM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Unfortunately I don't think Usyk has a hope in hell.

Theres very much a size issue there, but Usyk does everything better than AJ. I think he can tire the big muscle-robot out, and have him doubting himself in the later rounds. Punch him into his shell like what Floyd used to do to bigger hitters. Post Ruiz, AJ is always going to have a mental fragility when it comes to a firefight IMO and maybe Usyk can take advantage of that. The big issue for him is being unable to use physicality to tire AJ out like what Fury would do.

Of course, hope may be playing a part in this because I like AJ less than pretty much all of the others.
05-23-2021, 07:01 AM
I don't see how Usyk wins this.

You need to be able to make AJ worry about what is coming back his way...Usyk cannot do that.
05-23-2021, 07:12 AM
(05-23-2021 07:01 AM)JD Wrote:  I don't see how Usyk wins this.

You need to be able to make AJ worry about what is coming back his way...Usyk cannot do that.

I always think someone like Usyk who can hit accurately on the counter will trouble most guys and make them think. Making them think isn't the same as hurting them of course, but it can be enough to put them into themselves a bit. AJ isn't the cleverest or bravest in there. And its not like Usyk is a tiny heavyweight, he's just not a monster. I don't know if he CAN get inside AJ and avoid mid to long range exchanges, but if he can, AJ isn't going to want it.

Man.... Everything I am writing about this fight is tinged with the projection of how gutted I will be if AJ beats Usyk. Doesn't deserve a man of Oleksandrs calibre on his record.
05-23-2021, 07:24 AM
Usyk isn't tough to find - Chisora had some success in there.

Finding his way in will mean getting hit a decent amount. AJ, for all his flaws, is athletic for his size and has really good power. I don't think he will struggle to fire off 1-2's or the uppercut. If Usyk gets too far inside, and AJ is smart enough, he should be able to tie up with no problem.
05-23-2021, 07:26 AM
(05-23-2021 07:24 AM)JD Wrote:  Usyk isn't tough to find - Chisora had some success in there.

Finding his way in will mean getting hit a decent amount. AJ, for all his flaws, is athletic for his size and has really good power. I don't think he will struggle to fire off 1-2's or the uppercut. If Usyk gets too far inside, and AJ is smart enough, he should be able to tie up with no problem.

Yeah... Won't be any of my own money spent betting on Usyk..... Maybe i'll start of watching it then if its clear AJ is winning i'll just switch over to videos of Usyk dancing to cheer myself up.
05-23-2021, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2021 07:36 AM by blackbelt2003.)
I don't think Usyk can cause any upsets. He was struggling to get out of the way of Chisora's slow, clumsy right hands for six rounds. AJ's longer, sharper, faster right will keep him on the outside and punish him for every little mistake.

Usyk, I think, will be forced onto the back foot early and will find himself outboxed and outpunched a little. He will have to try and come forward to change things up, and then I think AJ will time the counters and start busting him up for a mid to late rounds retirement victory.

Usyk is clever and sharp, but not unbeatable, even down at cruiswerweight. Briedis nearly beat him (could have gone either way, that one), and Bellew pushed him hard for seven or eight rounds.

A sharp shooting heavyweight who can keep distance should tame him.

Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Usyk-Joshua 2 Imperius3 8 441 08-21-2022 10:13 PM
Last Post: Snoop
  Anthony Joshua VS Oleksandr Usyk Mean Mister Mustard 38 4,758 10-14-2021 10:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)