Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Usyk-Joshua 2
08-18-2022, 08:51 PM
Usyk-Joshua 2
What do you guys think? Is AJ motivated? Will he have a better gameplan? Will he use his power and go for the kill?

I just can't see Usyk losing this fight based on how he schooled AJ in the first one. AJ has the power to win, but I think he will need to make this fight a war to win it. Usyk will be too good for him once again imo.

Usyk by decision!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2022, 07:18 AM
RE: Usyk-Joshua 2
The same factors exist that seen many picking AJ for the first fight (size and power)

It's just that we have now had a look at the skills gap, and the "good big guy beats a good little guy" mantra is replaced with "good big guy cant make his size count against exceptional little guy".

AJ is going need to have not only learned, but also changed, a lot from the first fight.

And let's not forget, its not only th le loser who gets to learn from a fight.

I would still be somewhat unsurprised if AJ did it, but this time around that has become the "shock" outcome and Usyk is the sensible pick.

Now all of that being said, I can now indulge my man crush of Usyk and predict a glorious knockout in the 8th for my main man.
08-19-2022, 09:41 AM
Joshua will jump on Usyk right away and try to impose every physical advantage he has.

Usyk will weather the storm, start backing Joshua down and stop him by round 8.
08-19-2022, 12:26 PM
(08-19-2022 09:41 AM)JD Wrote:  Joshua will jump on Usyk right away and try to impose every physical advantage he has.

Usyk will weather the storm, start backing Joshua down and stop him by round 8.

This tactic is exactly what AJ's people should be telling him to do. Unfortunately in boxing, that comes with an accepted risk of getting hit more/cleaner, and in the world of AJ, that's something you just don't react well to. I dont see the "storm" lasting because we all know how badly he reacts to taking clean shots. Its going to have to really clever use of size and aggression from AJ, and thats a trench he doesn't want to go in with Usyk.

I think he goes into his shell early after trying a flying start and getting rocked, then gets stopped trying it again later. Maybe the lack of a big partisan crowd allows him to mentally check out when he discovers once again that Usyks left hand is laser guided onto his chin.

I just don't see AJ walking through the fire he needs to in order to win this and thats despite having the physical tools required to do so.
08-19-2022, 02:00 PM
If AJ tries going all out in the first 5 rounds or so, I don’t see it going well for him. You rarely see professionals fight like that because, well, it’s a bit amateurish. The aggressor will get caught himself or he will gas out. A highly skilled pro like Usyk can easily weather that storm. I agree that AJ needs to control and calculate his aggression, similar to Canelo or GGG. Walk him down, trap him, get him against the ropes, and pound him outta there. Easier said than done though considering Usyk is arguably the best boxer in the world right now.
08-20-2022, 07:17 PM
So that was one of the weirdest meltdowns I've seen in all my years watching the sport and totally disrespectful to Usyk and robbing him of his moment.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
08-20-2022, 11:45 PM
AJ impressed me a bit. I knew he wouldn't win but he def fought alot better then I thought. He still had trouble letting his hands go at times but he did so more then expected.

The after fight mic grab was awkward AF
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-21-2022, 12:51 AM
AJ is a cock. The Lewis Hamilton of boxing. Totally fake and has to make everything about AJ.
08-21-2022, 10:13 PM
Mic grab moment was awkward as fuck. Dunno if it was TOTALLY disrespectful as AJ was more or less praising Usyk and Ukraine throughout his whole rant. Maybe in form it was impolite, but he was pretty much having a breakdown.

He did everything he possibly could to show up better and still fell short. I think that's hard to take for anyone.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anthony Joshua VS Oleksandr Usyk Mean Mister Mustard 38 4,758 10-14-2021 10:49 AM
Last Post: Imperius3
  Joshua - Usyk 8/28 ALMOST DONE JD 8 719 05-23-2021 07:35 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)