Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

2023 Wishlist
01-04-2023, 12:30 PM
2023 Wishlist
Already sort of alluded to in the Happy Holodays thread so let's firm that shit up in here.

EVERYONE wants ESJ v Bud.

I think we WILL get Fury v Usyk.

As to what else I want.... I want Josh Taylor to get active again. Get the rematch with Catterall signed. It's rumbled on too long. Selfishly, Taylor represents the only opportunity of top level fights in Scotland and shamefully, I haven't yet been to see him live.

I want to see AJ v Wilder for the sheer LOLZ.

Beterbiev v Bivol would be extremely high level stuff

I want to see a real mainstream breakout for Boots.

More to come.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2023, 01:04 PM
RE: 2023 Wishlist
Lomachenko vs Haney seems close to getting done.

Would also like to see Tank vs Garcia at some point.

And give me Bivol or Beterbiev against Canelo. Would love to see that red-headed Mexicano get lit up again.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2023, 05:48 PM
I'm over Crawford-Spence. I'd obviously like to see Crawford tested before he gets any older. But the truth is that at 35 he's already a different fighter mentally than he would have been if the Spence fight had happened even just a few years ago - and Spence is different as well. Boxing sucks for letting this fight age so badly.

I'd rather see Ennis or Ortiz fight either of those guys - or each other. I'm ready for some new hungry blood - like I thought Teo Lopez was going to be after the Loma fight. Boxing is so wide open right now for a superstar performance, and it has to come from a contender rather than a champion because outside of Canelo and Wilder, there just aren't any established guys who are fundamentally willing to fight all comers and it's sucked the soul out of me as a fan.

So that's the long version of I'd like to see Boots or Ortiz or even Ryan Garcia have a monster break out year in 2023. That's my wish.
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2023, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2023 02:04 AM by Snoop.)
(01-04-2023 05:48 PM)salvador Wrote:  I'm over Crawford-Spence. I'd obviously like to see Crawford tested before he gets any older. But the truth is that at 35 he's already a different fighter mentally than he would have been if the Spence fight had happened even just a few years ago - and Spence is different as well. Boxing sucks for letting this fight age so badly.

I'd rather see Ennis or Ortiz fight either of those guys - or each other. I'm ready for some new hungry blood - like I thought Teo Lopez was going to be after the Loma fight. Boxing is so wide open right now for a superstar performance, and it has to come from a contender rather than a champion because outside of Canelo and Wilder, there just aren't any established guys who are fundamentally willing to fight all comers and it's sucked the soul out of me as a fan.

So that's the long version of I'd like to see Boots or Ortiz or even Ryan Garcia have a monster break out year in 2023. That's my wish.
Super disappointed with how Lopez handled his career after his loss to Kambosos. Turned into the type of fighter that he used to complain about.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2013 wishlist lloyd mayflower 13 7,694 12-29-2012 07:15 PM
Last Post: and the NEW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)