Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Dana White to promote boxing
03-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Dana White to promote boxing
https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dana...ott=tB5n3P

Thought this would be threadworthy enough if true. Don't really see how successful he could be given that the fundamental structure of the sport is different from MMA, but it would interesting if he tried.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2023, 09:35 PM
RE: Dana White to promote boxing
(03-21-2023 08:30 PM)Snoop Wrote:  https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/dana...ott=tB5n3P

Thought this would be threadworthy enough if true. Don't really see how successful he could be given that the fundamental structure of the sport is different from MMA, but it would interesting if he tried.

Dana White and the UFC caught lightening in a bottle with TUF season 1. If not for that show and the all time great fight the heavyweight finalists (Griffin and Bonnar) put on, the UFC would be dead now.

The thing about catching lightening in a bottle is it rare and irreplicable. He’ll never reproduce that success in boxing. No one can or will. Boxing is never going to be a league sport like the NFL, NBA, or MLB.

Boxing is a graveyard of promoters and interlopers. Dana will have as much luck breaking into that sport as Vince McMahon did football.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2023, 03:55 AM
Dana needs it to be a monopoly for any model he has ever had success with to work. In boxing he's just another promoter.

It's almost impossible in boxing g for any one promoter to rise up as particularly mote influential or important than any other. I mean of course richer ones with more and better fighters carry more clout, but as far as shaping the sport goes, it's just not going to happen.

He can't ever get boxing all under one banner. Like UFC sort of does in that it's the promotion at the tip of the MMA pyramid. Boxing doesn't have that, and he won't give it that.

Ultimately, I still spend most of my when Dana is on my screen hoping that one day, someone is going to slap him. I can't see that changing.
03-22-2023, 04:53 AM
Anything different than what boxing is now would be an improvement.

Dana's smart enough to see that the old guys who run the sport aren't going to be around much longer, and when DAZN fails there might be a giant opportunity. And the good news for Dana is that he can take that opportunity and roll the dice with someone else's money.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Floyd and Dana White Announce That He’s Coming Out of Retirement JD 25 1,536 11-25-2019 10:59 PM
Last Post: Warlord
  Dana White's boxing plans Fitz 18 1,095 10-10-2019 11:50 AM
Last Post: Snoop
  Dana White vs Oscar Dela Hoya? For real.... TheTeddyBear 11 1,570 12-20-2018 12:41 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)