Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

2024 Fight Wish List
01-07-2024, 09:46 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2024 09:59 AM by salvador.)
2024 Fight Wish List
Ennis is the guy I most want to see in a big fight this year, but I don't see Spence or Crawford fighting him and I don't see him moving up to 154, so I guess he's off the table. That said, I kind of think 2024 is going to be a huge year for boxing because there's so many fights to be made and I think the money is starting to get thin for everyone but the stars. If Haney's last fight against Prograis really only did 35K PPVs, it's hard to imagine his next fight isn't against SOMEONE.

Anyway, my top 3 fights I'd like to see this year that I think are makeable are:

1.) Canelo-Benavidez (Cinco de Mayo seems kind of obvious here)

2.) Tszyu-Ortiz

3.) Tank-Loma
-I kind of think Arum would just as soon get the Tank payday for himself and Loma and then get another Tank payday later with Shakur
- Also, Tank-Haney doesn't seem like either guy really wants that or that would be ahead of Tank-Loma (though I do love the idea of Loma getting one last big check/shot)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2024, 02:48 PM
RE: 2024 Fight Wish List
I'd love to see Beterbiev vs Bivol happen in 2024.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2024, 04:32 PM
(01-08-2024 02:48 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'd love to see Beterbiev vs Bivol happen in 2024.

Yep - and I think it's just a matter of time before Benavidez and Morrell both move up into that mix. LHW might end up being THE division of 2025.
01-10-2024, 03:01 AM
(01-08-2024 02:48 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'd love to see Beterbiev vs Bivol happen in 2024.

Beterbiev smokes him.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-10-2024, 06:11 AM
Beterbiev was losing to Anthony Yarde before Yarde decided he was done trying for whatever reason. Artur is old and has lost a step already he's not staying unbeaten long.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
01-11-2024, 03:15 AM
(01-10-2024 06:11 AM)TheTeddyBear Wrote:  Beterbiev was losing to Anthony Yarde before Yarde decided he was done trying for whatever reason. Artur is old and has lost a step already he's not staying unbeaten long.

I really didn't like the way Bivol was reacting to body shots in his last fight. Beterbiev is a savage. Hopefully we'll get to see them fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
I didn't realize Beterbiev was so old - He turns 39 next week.

FYI his fight with Callum Smith is free on ESPN tonight at 10 EST.
01-16-2024, 11:30 AM
So Beterbiev v Biology provably makes its way to the top of the list for many now....

Absolutely no one asked for AJ v Ngannou but we're now getting that along with the potentially decent Parker v Zhang
01-19-2024, 05:05 AM
(01-16-2024 11:30 AM)lloyd mayflower Wrote:  So Beterbiev v Biology provably makes its way to the top of the list for many now....

Absolutely no one asked for AJ v Ngannou but we're now getting that along with the potentially decent Parker v Zhang

I'm surprised Joe took this fight, he hates southpaws. Like really really hates them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2012 Fight list EAlbian 2 4,183 02-06-2012 06:26 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)