Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Pacquiao denied entry to 2024 Olympics
03-03-2024, 06:07 PM
RE: Pacquiao denied entry to 2024 Olympics
It's not a terrible idea. It's the absolute peak of ideal to have a sporting tournament where we crown the best of the best. It's just never going to happen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2024, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2024 07:18 PM by Snoop.)
(03-02-2024 11:21 AM)Warlord Wrote:  Michael Phelps isn’t a professional swimmer? The NBA athletes playing for the USA aren’t professionals?

I think most, if not all, athletes that compete in the Olympics are professionals, meaning they get paid to do what they do, and make a living doing it.

As for safety and fairness, that went out the window the minute they started pushing for men with cocks and balls to compete against women.

I’m never gonna get onboard with the idea that poor Mike Tyson would’ve really gotten hurt if they’d allowed professionals to fight him at the Olympics. (Just an example, as he never competed.)

The Olympics are supposed to be the best athletes in the world competing against each other. Let anyone and everyone have a shot, and then let the best rise to the top.

I'm not aware that there's a competitive circuit that separates between professional swimmers and amateur swimmers, further proving that you can't compare those sports to boxing. As for basketball, a more apt comparison would be asking if it would be right to allow NBA players to compete in NCAA tournaments because Team USA players compete with other basketball players professional leagues in other countries.

And if you're using the metric of being paid as what is considered a "professional", then amateur boxers - the majority of Olympic participants - are exactly not that because they don't get paid. Again, it's hard to compare across other sports because they're all structured differently.

In terms of the safety, how often does a Mike Tyson come across the amateur circuit? Not exactly fair to use him as a standard.

But you'll get no push back from me on the point about allowing biological men fight women. That shit is fucking ridiculous.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2024, 07:29 PM
(03-03-2024 07:16 PM)Snoop Wrote:  I'm not aware that there's a competitive circuit that separates between professional swimmers and amateur swimmers, further proving that you can't compare those sports to boxing.
The difference is whether or not you get paid.

Quote:As for basketball, a more apt comparison would be asking if it would be right to allow NBA players to compete in NCAA tournaments because Team USA players compete with other basketball players professional leagues in other countries.

You can’t compare the NCAA to the NBA because you’re literally comparing college sports to professional sports. The Olympics isn’t a collegiate program.

Quote:And if you're using the metric of being paid as what is considered a "professional", then amateur boxers - the majority of Olympic participants - are exactly not that because they don't get paid. Again, it's hard to compare across other sports because they're all structured differently.

My only point about professionals versus amateurs was to point out that the difference is whether or not the athlete is paid, not whether or not there is a gap in skills.

Quote:In terms of the safety, how often does a Mike Tyson come across the amateur circuit? Not exactly fair to use him as a standard.

Use any professional boxer you want. Tyson was just an example.

Quote:But you'll get no push back from me on the point about allowing biological men fight women. That shit is fucking ridiculous.

Which is why their position on Pac is ludicrous. Hard to really argue about athlete safety when women are getting their skills cracked by men.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
03-05-2024, 11:32 PM
An easy fix is for Manny to transition and fight as a female. The Olympics will give them their full blessing.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2024 Fight Wish List salvador 8 349 01-19-2024 05:05 AM
Last Post: the ollie reed fan club

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)