Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Things not thread worthy
08-31-2017, 08:57 AM
RE: Things not thread worthy
(08-31-2017 04:18 AM)ViperSniper Wrote:  That was actually pretty cool to watch and based on those 3 rounds Jose Aldo is a 20x better boxer than McGregor!!

I'm not sure about that Viper. Aldo has better boxing form/technique than McGregor. But Garcia was just standing there and letting Aldo practice, and tapping him here and there. McGregor has a much better awareness of the distance, and much better timing than Aldo. Those are the single two most important skills in boxing and far outweigh technique.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2017, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017 09:54 AM by ViperSniper.)
(08-31-2017 08:57 AM)and the NEW Wrote:  I'm not sure about that Viper. Aldo has better boxing form/technique than McGregor. But Garcia was just standing there and letting Aldo practice, and tapping him here and there. McGregor has a much better awareness of the distance, and much better timing than Aldo. Those are the single two most important skills in boxing and far outweigh technique.

That's what I was getting at based on these 3 rounds of sparring against Garcia.

Both appeared very respectful and professional about these 3 rounds of work. No doubt Mikey Garcia was going light on Aldo & hardly putting anything on those shots he was throwing & wouldn't have reason to.

Apparently Aldo has 3 more fights left in the UFC then is going to start a boxing career? Which would explain why he is training with the Garcia's.

Would be funny if we end up seeing a rematch between McGregor & Jose Aldo in a boxing ring instead of the octagon lol
09-01-2017, 01:19 AM
Even if he doesn't move to boxing, his training with the Garcia's is sure to help him in the Octagon considering he mainly uses his hands these days. I'm not sure why, but he seems to have all but given up on those wicked leg kicks he used to have.
10-17-2017, 01:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2017 01:41 AM by ViperSniper.)
I've seen no thread for it but Leo Santa Cruz looked the goods again. His opponent has one hell of a chin..cause he copped a beating!!
Apparently a rematch with Mares is in the works. Rematch will be no different result. Leo takes this!
11-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone see Jacobs win over Arias?.... Arias had no business in the ring with Jacobs and was being outclassed in EVERY facet. His inexperienced showed as well and his trainer JDJ couldnt help him make ANY adjustments after 3 rounds... i think JDJ is a good trainer but he's stocc is dropping imo.

I believe Jacobs is still a top MW.. id love to see him in with the winner of Lemy and Saunders.

A fight with Charlo would be good as well but i think Charlo beats him...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Where would the middleweight division be has Priog not gotten injured and retired? The kind of shat on his name last night during the Arias-Jacobs broadcast saying he was a ? On Jacob's resume....... how? Dude was a monster I was personally excited for him vs GGG in or around 2012 but he disappeared abruptly due to neck injuries.

As far as the Charlo brothers go I think Jermell is the better brother though he sucks down to 154 so they can avoid being in each other's way both brothers can be the future at 160 and I personally dislike them both but you cannot deny talent.

The Brits have some very interesting characters at 160 as well.

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
11-13-2017, 04:53 AM
Boxing is fucking tripping now. This shit can be fake news as fuck. Stopping someone isn't a question mark. Personally I think Golovkin was overrated so I could see him and Pirog being close. It's hard to say whether he's been struggling due to age. If he really has lost a step I give Golovkin a little bit of an edge.
11-16-2017, 04:34 AM
It's not thread worthy but a bunch of my friends have big fights coming up, keep an eye out. Nick Kisner, Joey Dawejko , Daniel Martz, well ok, three of my friends not a lot but Dan is fighting a fight that's not necessarily big by ordinary standards but he's fighting a guy who upset a close friend/former opponent of mine who is pretty damn good so it'll super interesting. Oh and Roms light heavy is fighting for an intercontinental title this weekend!

"Weapons are forged by being pushed beyond their limits eventually breaking what they currently are to be molded into the killing machines they will soon become" -TeddyBear- remember that shit[/i][/b][/font]
11-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone see ODH call out Connor McGregor? Said he's been secretly training for the fight for 6 months and he's faster and stronger then ever... lmao.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-16-2017, 03:30 PM
i'd pay to see DLH do dope then pace around his office and talk to himself while he's shadow boxing. Thatd be the closest he comes to landing a punch on somebody.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)