Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Things not thread worthy
11-18-2017, 09:14 PM
RE: Things not thread worthy
I dont think he fought the best possible opponent every time he fought but he wasn't that bad relative to his era. Even Robinson passed on some fights that he felt there wasn't a market for. He did take some fights that were past due and good on paper

I do think that once he got that showtime deal he'd have fought his baby momma if showtime let him. And she'd have to wear 10oz everlast gloves while submitting to wada testing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2017, 02:19 AM
Oscar got him that big money and made him the A-side there after... he was before but REALLY started playing up the money shticc after ODH...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-19-2017, 03:10 AM
I see the root of it as “slave wages”.
11-19-2017, 06:59 AM
(11-19-2017 03:10 AM)JD Wrote:  I see the root of it as “slave wages”.

I always had to laugh at that term, too, when used by athletes being paid millions to play with balls or work for 36 minutes once every 4-6 months. Slaves didn't get paid shit, and certainly didn't get paid millions. Oh well, what can you do? Go kneel some more fellas, that'll show 'em!
11-19-2017, 07:34 AM
At the time, HBO’s offer was very good for a non-star.

In the end, it worked out beyond what Floyd could ever have imagined. But his legacy was the cost...while boxing fans care, he doesn’t and his hardcore fans don’t.
11-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Fuck that kneeling shit, War. Hopefully it's only cte that has turned Kaepernick into the asshole he has become.
11-19-2017, 02:03 PM
It's his black, third wave feminist SJW girlfriend that got him doing that shit. Despite his poor play and incendiary nonsense, the Ravens were just about to sign him when his bitch girlfriend popped on twitter insulting Ray Lewis and calling him a house nigger.

That was the moment I think that reaffirmed the idea to every team in the league that this piece of shit just wasn't worth signing.

Ah well, let those millionaires get back down on their knees and whine some more. The way their ratings are tanking now, it won't be long till you see the damage being reflected in their contract negotiations.

Just another reason why free market capitalism is far and away the greatest system on earth. As a business, you will be made to care.
11-23-2017, 01:17 AM
I think the intrigue of seeing McGregor in a boxing ring is gone. It won't sell if he tries it again.
11-23-2017, 03:57 AM
I have no desire whatsoever to see him f-bomb his way through press conferences and then tippy tapping his way though the actual fight.

Black
11-23-2017, 09:53 AM
(11-23-2017 01:17 AM)Imperius3 Wrote:  I think the intrigue of seeing McGregor in a boxing ring is gone. It won't sell if he tries it again.

I tend to agree, though I think Connie taking 4-5 rounds off Gayweather might be enough to convince a few tards that with a few adjustments Connie could take a 500-year-old, coked up Gay La Hoya.

(11-23-2017 03:57 AM)blackbelt2003 Wrote:  I have no desire whatsoever to see him f-bomb his way through press conferences and then tippy tapping his way though the actual fight.

Black

Agreed. I had no desire to see it the first time. Certainly don't want to see it again. They couldn't even sell him having a puncher's chance at this point, which was the main selling point of the last fight.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)