Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Things not thread worthy
10-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Things not thread worthy
Fitz Wrote:
Method Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Nice pic Rom.

I wonder if I ever posted my pic with Tszyu on Fighthype. That's the only pic I have of myself with a fighter, haha.
Hahahaha. I got a pic w Trinidad, and Acelino Freitas.

Was this before or after he got abused by Hopkins?

I would love it if in the photo, you were doing this.

Na. It was in 2003. I was down in PR for my wedding...and Trinidad was chillin at the hotel we were at. I happened to see Freitas at the airport in San Juan that same weekend when I was on my way back to the States. Popo was cool He was in town for a WBC convention, and he was heading back to Miami to connect to Brazil. Pop broke out his belt and all, but I didnt want to take a pic w his belt. I felt like it was kinda like askin to ride another man's Harley - you just don't do it.

Both Trinidad and Freitas were cool as shit.

In the interest of full disclosure - as much as I abhor Wlad Klit, I got a picture with him in the Beverly Hills Hotel back in 2006. As my man Doc Holliday said, "Seems my hypocrisy knows no bounds".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Things not thread worthy
Fitz Wrote:
Method Wrote:
Fitz Wrote:Nice pic Rom.

I wonder if I ever posted my pic with Tszyu on Fighthype. That's the only pic I have of myself with a fighter, haha.
Hahahaha. I got a pic w Trinidad, and Acelino Freitas.

Was this before or after he got abused by Hopkins?

I would love it if in the photo, you were doing this.

Bro, you should have seen me at the Calzaghe/Hopkins weigh in...

How I didn't get stomped by 15K screaming Europeans is any man's guess. But I was in the zone and ready to roll...hahaha.
10-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Things not thread worthy
Hahaha, nice. I think I remember you vaguely mentioning you raising the roof at the Hopkins-Calzaghe weigh in.
10-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Things not thread worthy
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:The thing that disturbed me is whenever Floyd makes one of those shitty little jokes like 'power pellets' Ben starts laughing like he's watching Richard Pryor doing stand-up in the 70's.
I never watched any of those Floyd videos, but I will say this:

Richard Pryor in the 1970's was the funniest man of all time.

John Belushi in the 1970's was a close, close second.
10-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Things not thread worthy
Spyder Wrote:That sounds like a cool gig. You guys don't do work in the Chicago area do you?
Why you asking about Chicago Spyder? You don't live around here, do you?
10-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Things not thread worthy
Big Slim Wrote:Why you asking about Chicago Spyder? You don't live around here, do you?
I have a few friends out there. One of them has been fighting for the last 13 yrs and is looking to fight for some dough.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Things not thread worthy
Got a picture and autograph with Glen Johnson. He was at a show in Hinckley, MN when Warriors Promotions was in town. Not many people knew who he was, so I got to talk with him for a long time. We talked Tarver-Dawson, which was going on along that time. Cool dude.

Got pictures and autographs with Jason Litzau and Scott LeDoux (RIP). Actually trained a bit with Scott LeDoux when he was having a charity event back in 05. Really nice guy who enjoyed the sport.

Met Antonio Tarver when Shobox was in town. He was kind of a dick to be honest. Finally, when I was younger got to meet Sugar Ray in 03 when he had the promotion thing going.
10-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Things not thread worthy
Pics with Lennox Lewis, William Joppy, Junior Jones, Al Cole, Jameel McCline off memory.

Trained at Larry Holmes gym for a while, gave me some nice compliments. Trained at same gym as Steve Little, very nice guy. RIP. Sparred Calvin Grove(former World Champ) when I was a youngster.

David Tua and me talked for like a little bit at a fight when he was coming up, he was very modest and nice.

Got a bunch of pics of my idol Toney from a fight in 1995. BUT I was so star struck I chickened out going up and talking to him. Regret it to this day.
10-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Things not thread worthy
Lil-Lightsout Wrote:Got a bunch of pics of my idol Toney from a fight in 1995. BUT I was so star struck I chickened out going up and talking to him. Regret it to this day.
Just find a Burger King in Van Nuys and your dream may come true lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
10-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Things not thread worthy
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:Just find a Burger King in Van Nuys and your dream may come true lol
I heard a few fast food joints were going under due to Toney's new body. lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)