Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Football (soccer) thread
06-08-2012, 05:00 AM
Football (soccer) thread
Yes Stevenski, no one is talking about England really but that doesn't mean we can drop our guard and be complacent.

Plenty of interest Fitz, really lookin forward to it. As for potential winners, I see Spain failing in the quarters or semis. I think Barcelona in this years champions league are a good indicator of where Spain will be at. They lack cutting edge and I think you will see the same degree of anti-football played against them that you usually do, except this time, the likes of Holland will be able to grind them out. I reckon the Gerries will take a bit of beating, that team that played so well at the world cup is now 2 years older and wiser. In the sweep I did yesterday I had a Germany Holland final with Germany winning it. There is also the x factor of Portugal being in the same group as those 2 tho and could throw a spanner in the works. Portugal's teams are always technically sound, but as usual, they lack a striker. France will be worth the watching too, but only if they are all pulling in the same direction which is hopefully the case under Laurent Blanc who is a legend over there.

A.B.E
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Football (soccer) thread
STEVENSKI Wrote:I trust Lloyd will be joining me in this years campaign...........

I was going to bag the fuck out of Andy Murray choking yet again but realised he is Scottish when he loses & British when he wins. Then again compared to Tim Henman he is a world beating hero to all British people.

I like Germany & Spain to win Euro though many teams winning would not surprise me.
Andy Murray will be Scottish to me even if he won everything there is to win.

As for the tournament this year, England ain't got a fuckin' prayer. Will look forward to it, watch it and gain a shit load of false hope, as usual, but I ain't gonna delude myself into thinking we'll win the thing. No fuckin' hope.
06-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Football (soccer) thread
I was meaning the British press not the people Maxy.
06-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Football (soccer) thread
STEVENSKI Wrote:I was meaning the British press not the people Maxy.
No, I know mate, you're all good.
06-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Football (soccer) thread
Maxy Wrote:
I actually seen a couple of pundits, can't remember who it was, probably that cunt Chiles, talking about how the lack of expectation means that actually England are in with a good shout. They talked themselves in circles and ended up arriving right back at England are going to win this thing. They are embarrassing, I honestly don't know who thought Adrian Chiles has a place on tv or in the media.

I think the fans are realistic enough like yourself Maxy, but you have to look no further than the way Chelsea won that champions league for inspiration. I just dont think England have the spark this time. I don't see enough creativity, but on the flipside, there are less superstars and less ego than previous tournaments.

The France game will tell us a lot about England, I expect France to win that one. An England win would be huge. Seemingly theres been a lot of scratch laid down on the surrender monkeys in the last few days.
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Football (soccer) thread
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:
I actually seen a couple of pundits, can't remember who it was, probably that cunt Chiles, talking about how the lack of expectation means that actually England are in with a good shout. They talked themselves in circles and ended up arriving right back at England are going to win this thing. They are embarrassing, I honestly don't know who thought Adrian Chiles has a place on tv or in the media.

I think the fans are realistic enough like yourself Maxy, but you have to look no further than the way Chelsea won that champions league for inspiration. I just dont think England have the spark this time. I don't see enough creativity, but on the flipside, there are less superstars and less ego than previous tournaments.

The France game will tell us a lot about England, I expect France to win that one. An England win would be huge. Seemingly theres been a lot of scratch laid down on the surrender monkeys in the last few days.
Ahhh mate, the way Chelsea won the champions league is anything but inspiration for me. Fuck that, I like entertaining football and won't sacrifice it for the sake of winning. And there is no fuckin' way England will ever win with entertaining football so it's a write off.

As for Chiles, ain't he supposed to be some sorta day time television host? He's an embarrassment. I always get the impression that Roy Keane wants to give him and that other cunt Southgate a good slap. Love it if he would!
06-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Football (soccer) thread
So who's been paying attention then?

Germany looking pretty strong already. Netherlands absolutely pish.

Spain right this minute giving Ireland a serious footballing lesson.
06-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Football (soccer) thread
The Krauts were my original pick & nothing I have seen has made me chaneg my mind.
06-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Football (soccer) thread
I been following the Euro 2012 and of course I'm for Spain all the way being that I'm Spanish.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
06-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Football (soccer) thread
Well having watched the Quarter finals, I still see nothing to suggest that this tournament isnt Germanys to lose. Italy were very wasteful lastnight against England, and lacklustre in defence. I dont envisage them giving Germany too much trouble this thursday.

Spain should have too much for Portugal in the other semi, despite this business of playing with no strikers. But again, I doubt they can get away with playing Germany with no out ball available from defence.

As for analysing the lastest successful A.B.E campaign, well I didnt think we had anything to worry about this time and was proved right. England are and have always been technically inferior to the majority of European sides. Their ball retention is embarrassing for players of that level. You're talking about guys that get paid ?200,000 a week that cant string two passes together. Really really bad. Unfortunately this is a grass roots issue and wont be solved without a drastic rethink of the way the game is taught to youngsters here. (All of this applies to Scottish football even more so than English)

Anyway, i'm off to get a tattoo of Andrea Pirlo's face!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Football (soccer) transfer news and the NEW 9 8,204 11-30-2014 02:47 PM
Last Post: Maxy
  College Football Thread BrotherCane 2 3,135 11-06-2011 11:45 AM
Last Post: BrotherCane

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)