Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

British Boxing thread
02-19-2012, 05:22 PM
British Boxing thread
Thought BU needed its own one of these, since there have been a few decent domestic scraps recently, a few hot topics ie Haye Chisora etc.

So to get the ball rolling, i'll put my hat in the ring right now and say I hope Kid Galahad gets knocked the fuck out ASAP. I dont even know why. I just do.

Get stuck in lads with any thoughts on that, or anything else going on on these shores
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2012, 06:41 AM
British Boxing thread
Kid Galahad is a purists type of boxer. He shows great composure, is technically very proficient and goes to the body far more than your average modern day boxer. His drawback, and the reason why he will never be huge on the world stage is his complete lack of any power in his punches. If he had power I think he would be a very special prospect but because he doesn't I can't get excited about him.

Meanwhile, Tyson Fury is due to face martin Rogan in his next fight

Considering Fury and his management turned down the offer to fight David Price and claimed it was because he was moving onto bigger and better things I am laughing at this choice of opponent. I appreciate Fury has a lucrative television deal with Channel 5 which has brought him great exposure but there isn't really any excuse for taking on Martin Rogan when you have already claimed you are about to embark on your pursuit of world honours.
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
British Boxing thread
Kell Brooks from what I've seen is the best british prospect today....solid skills, solid all around boxer.

Best british fighter I'd say Khan with Froch a close second

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
British Boxing thread
BigG Wrote:Kell Brooks from what I've seen is the best british prospect today....solid skills, solid all around boxer.

Best british fighter I'd say Khan with Froch a close second
Will find out a bit more when he fights Magic Matt in a few weeks.

As for Fury, shit mate, I saw this the other day and just shook my head. It's not a good look out going down the road of Rogan, who lets be honest, has a reputation for pulling out of fights at the last minute in any case. I reckon Fury would've took the Price fight if it was solely up to him but as it ain't he's gotta follow Fat Micks orders.

BTW, looking at how nutty Chisora was over the weekend and in previous fights, it's quite telling that he never played any of these games when Big Tyson was standing in the other corner. Probably didn't want his entourage to get fucked up by a bunch of Pikeys!
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
British Boxing thread
Coming soon...for the British light heavyweight title.

Tony Bellew VS Danny McIntosh

http://www.youtube.com/v/O7PcUPhDhJU&fea...r_embedded
02-20-2012, 04:46 PM
British Boxing thread
Fury-rogan.....yuk.

The British title is going down fast when fighters are so happy to give it up rather than face their mandatories. The only time a Brit should give up his British title IMO is when he has a genuine world title shot booked. Until that moment, keep fighting the best in Britain (and Europe if you've got the EBU belt).

Black
02-20-2012, 04:50 PM
British Boxing thread
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Fury-rogan.....yuk.

The British title is going down fast when fighters are so happy to give it up rather than face their mandatories. The only time a Brit should give up his British title IMO is when he has a genuine world title shot booked. Until that moment, keep fighting the best in Britain (and Europe if you've got the EBU belt).

Black
Indeed, couldn't agree more.

It's all about protecting your assets though ain't it and fat Mick was never gonna risk his cash cow with a dangerous fighter like Price. Not yet anyway.
02-20-2012, 04:58 PM
British Boxing thread
Maxy Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Fury-rogan.....yuk.

Black
Indeed, couldn't agree more.

It's all about protecting your assets though ain't it and fat Mick was never gonna risk his cash cow with a dangerous fighter like Price. Not yet anyway.
Annoying thing is that losing a fight is not as bad as the promoters think. Look at Chisora. Lost to Fury and then got two title shots in a row and fought well in both of them.

He's a bigger, more attractive name now (the brawl notwithstanding) than he was when he was unbeaten.

If Fury was to fight Price and it becomes a big British blockbuster, it doesn't mean the end for whoever were to lose. Even a one round blowout doesn't spell the end. Look at Amir Khan.

Why can't promoters think outside the box a bit more?

Black
03-11-2012, 06:09 AM
British Boxing thread
Anyone catch Burns's fight lastnight? I havent seen it. Combination of not having set up boxnation yet and being too sleepy to look for a stream. Glad he won tho. Pretty one sided from what I hear.
03-11-2012, 07:51 AM
British Boxing thread
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Anyone catch Burns's fight lastnight? I havent seen it. Combination of not having set up boxnation yet and being too sleepy to look for a stream. Glad he won tho. Pretty one sided from what I hear.
Yes mate, good solid performance from Burns who was made to work but won clearly. The concerns remain about his power, if and when he faces the top tier in the division. I'd worry for him if he boxed a Rios but can't take anything away from him after last night. I did have it closer than they did on the official cards but there is no doubt Burns won clearly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)