Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

British Boxing thread
03-11-2012, 08:57 AM
British Boxing thread
Maxy Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:Anyone catch Burns's fight lastnight? I havent seen it. Combination of not having set up boxnation yet and being too sleepy to look for a stream. Glad he won tho. Pretty one sided from what I hear.
Yes mate, good solid performance from Burns who was made to work but won clearly. The concerns remain about his power, if and when he faces the top tier in the division. I'd worry for him if he boxed a Rios but can't take anything away from him after last night. I did have it closer than they did on the official cards but there is no doubt Burns won clearly.
Yep I share those concerns. He seems to have a good jab, and lands good clean shots, which kinda makes you think his power must be really shit. The shots look good tho. I think he seems to have maybe just enough to keep an opponent wary, but not enough to do serious damage.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2012, 03:58 PM
British Boxing thread
Caught the last third of the fight. Same old stuff, Burns looked fast and sharp...but how would he do against a real world class fighter?

Katsidis and Moses are a level below true world class, despite what the commentators would have you believe. Moses never won a genuine world title, the same as Burns hasn't yet.

I like Ricky. He is a good cinderella story and I would genuinely love for him to snatch a WBC, WBA or IBF belt. It would make him one of Scotland's only genuine champs of the modern era after Ken Buchanan, Walter McGowan and Jim Watt. But that WBO belt around his waist is often a curse.

Once they win that strap, the likes of Katsidis and Moses is too often as good as it gets.

Black

Edit: You could, I suppose, count Murray Sutherland as being a Scottish champ, too...but was he more Canadian than Scottish?
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
British Boxing thread
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Caught the last third of the fight. Same old stuff, Burns looked fast and sharp...but how would he do against a real world class fighter?

Katsidis and Moses are a level below true world class, despite what the commentators would have you believe. Moses never won a genuine world title, the same as Burns hasn't yet.

I like Ricky. He is a good cinderella story and I would genuinely love for him to snatch a WBC, WBA or IBF belt. It would make him one of Scotland's only genuine champs of the modern era after Ken Buchanan, Walter McGowan and Jim Watt. But that WBO belt around his waist is often a curse.

Once they win that strap, the likes of Katsidis and Moses is too often as good as it gets.

Black

Edit: You could, I suppose, count Murray Sutherland as being a Scottish champ, too...but was he more Canadian than Scottish?
I thought ricky had the wba belt since jmm gave it up? I suppose fana maybe was recognised at super feather but I still consider beating rocky martinez rickys best win of his career rennaisance
03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
British Boxing thread
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Caught the last third of the fight. Same old stuff, Burns looked fast and sharp...but how would he do against a real world class fighter?

Black

I thought ricky had the wba belt since jmm gave it up? I suppose fana maybe was recognised at super feather but I still consider beating rocky martinez rickys best win of his career rennaisance
Nah, Ricky won the WBO belt. The WBA belt is currently vacant since MArquez was stripped...although Rios would have been awarded it if he hadn't come in overweight for the Murray fight.

The Martinez fight was good because he was such a big underdog, but he was technically excellent against Katsidis in what was a 50/50 fight coming in.

Black
03-12-2012, 01:05 PM
British Boxing thread
George Groves has been forced to pull out of his title defence against Kenny Anderson on Friday due to medical reasons.

:'(
03-12-2012, 04:14 PM
British Boxing thread
That sucks. I wonder what it is?
03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
British Boxing thread
I pinned this for you cats, so it doesn't get buried under the relevant stuff...

lol

I'm on a roll tonight! haha

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2012, 07:57 AM
British Boxing thread
Maxy Wrote:George Groves has been forced to pull out of his title defence against Kenny Anderson on Friday due to medical reasons.

Possibly a false injury because of a rumoured Scheglitz fight in the works?

Black
03-13-2012, 08:00 AM
British Boxing thread
Spyder Wrote:I pinned this for you cats, so it doesn't get buried under the relevant stuff...

lol

I'm on a roll tonight! haha

Cunt.

lol

blackbelt2003 Wrote:
Maxy Wrote:George Groves has been forced to pull out of his title defence against Kenny Anderson on Friday due to medical reasons.

Possibly a false injury because of a rumoured Scheglitz fight in the works?

Black

Yeah that seems to be the rumour.
03-13-2012, 12:07 PM
British Boxing thread
Del Boy Chisora goes before the BBBoC tomorrow. What's the guess on the punishment he'll receive? A massive fine? A big fine and a mediocre ban? A lengthy ban? A life ban?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)