Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

British Boxing thread
03-22-2012, 02:34 PM
British Boxing thread
BigG Wrote:Brook was good. He's a good young fighter that can compete with the rest of the very good young fighters around his weight...Alexander-Brook maybe a soon to come USA-Brit big fight....
Heavily dominating Matthew Hatton is a must for any world level prospect. But Brook probably could have done that 3 years ago. Like Maxy said, the commentators here were acting like Brook had just beat the man. Hatton is decent at Commonwealth type of level. Nothing more. A fight with someone like Alexander is what we need to see from Brook. Fuck knows why its taken so long.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 02:37 PM
British Boxing thread
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
BigG Wrote:Brook was good. He's a good young fighter that can compete with the rest of the very good young fighters around his weight...Alexander-Brook maybe a soon to come USA-Brit big fight....
Heavily dominating Matthew Hatton is a must for any world level prospect. But Brook probably could have done that 3 years ago. Like Maxy said, the commentators here were acting like Brook had just beat the man. Hatton is decent at Commonwealth type of level. Nothing more. A fight with someone like Alexander is what we need to see from Brook. Fuck knows why its taken so long.
Yeah that's the biggest gripe I've got with Brook and sadly it stands for most of our prospects, throughout recent history. They get hand fed too many easy fights and don't progress anywhere near fast enough. Brook might be pretty good but there's a lot I see in him which makes me know he'll never be elite.
03-23-2012, 05:05 AM
British Boxing thread
I see Huck has agreed to rematch Afolabi for the CW title. No doubt this fight will fly under the radar most places but I am picking it to be a barn burner.

Reading a bit about Afolabi he didn't used to be much of a KO kind of guy but he beat the shit out of Brudov in his last fight and 2 fights before that he clean clocked Terry Dunstan with a career reel KO that I'm honestly amazed didn't make anyone's list for KO of the year in 2011.

In case you missed it here is a great link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2PrzlMd7...re=related

I am picking him to upset Huck by KO when they fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
03-25-2012, 05:22 AM
British Boxing thread
Any Brits catch Maccarinelli on Friday night?

Barn burner of a fight...but worrying all the same!

Black
03-25-2012, 10:34 AM
British Boxing thread
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Any Brits catch Maccarinelli on Friday night?

Black
Maccarinelli simply has to jack it in now. His punch resistance has absolutely and completely gone. Plus, damn, he was lucky in that first round to have the bell ring 47 seconds early.

Corruption? I don't know.
03-27-2012, 01:39 AM
British Boxing thread
Maxy Wrote:
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Any Brits catch Maccarinelli on Friday night?

Black
Maccarinelli simply has to jack it in now. His punch resistance has absolutely and completely gone. Plus, damn, he was lucky in that first round to have the bell ring 47 seconds early.

Corruption? I don't know.
I like Enzo, but he just can't take a shot any more. Hving said that, I wouldn't mind a rematch with McPhilbin knowing he has to give it his all in the first three or four rounds and trying to take Enzo out.

Black
04-12-2012, 06:56 PM
British Boxing thread
Hey have any of you guys ever heard of Dean Williams?

His name is Dean "The Welsh Warrior" Williams and he came to our gym yesterday saying he's looking to make a comeback but want to slowly work his way back into it and how he's a former world champion blah blah blah

Personally when thats one of the first few statements to come out of a fighters mouth I've never heard of I get a little suspicious. So I listened to him giving sharing his knowledge with other fighters in the gym and I'll admit he knew his stuff. That, I wont take away from him. So when he left I checked him out on Box Rec . He is who he say he is but he talked himself up to sound like he was beating world beaters. He fought from Super Middle all the way up to cruiser in which he did win a world title...WBF title.

I dont want to judge the man before knowing anything of him so I wanted to see what you guys knew. The only name I recognized on his record was Kessler and he was KO's in the second.
04-14-2012, 03:51 PM
British Boxing thread
Anyone watching the fat gypsy vs the taxi driver tonight? I'd love big Rogan to knock that pikey fuck Fury spark out.

Edit: Sorry Eugene, dont know anything about that cat you were talking about. I see he fought pretty much all his fights over in the States so I doubt he's ever had any exposure here at all.
04-14-2012, 04:56 PM
British Boxing thread
Just watched the Fury fight. Boxed the entire fight as a southpaw and won as expected in the 5th. He'll never be the man but he entertains me, I like watching him box. Good fun.
04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
British Boxing thread
Just watched the fight. Why was Fury boxing as a southpaw? Had he injured in hand in sparring or something (though I can't say I noticed anything to suggest that). He's not very good though is he, if he is to be considered as a future heavyweight title challenger. Apart from looking in good shape he is still a very limited fighter in my opinion and I believe he is being protected in an attempt to bluff his way to a title fight.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)