Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing?
02-21-2012, 05:08 AM
I know it's just fantasy, but I always thought this would be a cool concept. Especially being an old WWF fan and loving some old school power house tag teams.

I think it would be cool if you had a 12 round fight, meaning both fighters must fight at most, 6 rounds each. They can fight those rounds in which ever way or order they like. You would see fighters start out perhaps with a strategy on how and when they would fight those rounds, and you would see everything unravel and a plan go out the window when a guy gets seriously buzzed and needs about 2-3 rounds off, lol.

This would also be good for old fighters insisting to fight on. This could have been perfect for Tyson at the tail end of his career when he was a 4 round fighter to fight in a style like this, with another guy of this kind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2012, 05:49 AM
Wow Fitz that is a really bad idea. I can see how it would be of interest much like seeing a car wreck gets your curiosity but it would never be a good idea unless it was some celebrity boxing type shit.

You know that any legitimacy surrounding this will result in seeing the Meldrick Taylors of this world looking for one last payday. It would be a spectacle alright but highliting everything wrong with the business.
02-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Fitz Wrote:I know it's just fantasy, but I always thought this would be a cool concept. Especially being an old WWF fan and loving some old school power house tag teams.

I think it would be cool if you had a 12 round fight, meaning both fighters must fight at most, 6 rounds each. They can fight those rounds in which ever way or order they like. You would see fighters start out perhaps with a strategy on how and when they would fight those rounds, and you would see everything unravel and a plan go out the window when a guy gets seriously buzzed and needs about 2-3 rounds off, lol.

This would also be good for old fighters insisting to fight on. This could have been perfect for Tyson at the tail end of his career when he was a 4 round fighter to fight in a style like this, with another guy of this kind.
I love it. I mean boxing is already a circus enough.

You could have Haye and Chisora team up with each other to fight the Klits only for Chisora to turn on Haye halfway throuigh the fight! lol Awesome!

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
İmage İmage

Doubles right?

I get ya you mean like tag wrestlin'...um yeah errr....nah.
02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
I think it's a good idea. I would gladly watch doubles boxing. Fuck you all.

No, not like 'tag' wrestling where you tag yourself in. Two fighters splitting 6 rounds between them. Team effort and team stratergy. It would be awesome.
02-21-2012, 06:52 PM
I like it too Fitz. You could definitely exploit some old classic rivalries.

Tyson & Lewis vs. Holyfield & Bowe?

Whitaker & Taylor vs. Chavez & Camacho?

Toney & Tua vs. Rahman & Ruiz?
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Mayweather-Bradley V. Pac-Khan

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
02-22-2012, 01:48 AM
Good omnipotent being, have I died and gone to purgatory?
05-13-2020, 02:48 AM
RE: Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing?
Well it looks like Shannon Briggs has the idea of tag team boxing & wants to team up with Tyson as a Brooklyn team against Klitschko & Holyfield..

He discusses it at 6:38..

05-13-2020, 07:17 AM
RE: Anyone ever thought about doubles boxing?
I was literally thinking about tag team boxing yesterday. Don't remember making this thread.
But still a great idea.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Calling out fighters you thought got a pass Fitz 130 75,476 01-18-2017 08:35 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)