Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

HBO Sports silences its most ardent critic
03-03-2012, 04:42 PM
HBO Sports silences its most ardent critic
Romulus9 Wrote:
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:HBO is trying to mop up the mess that has been going on for years. New ideas might spell some substantial improvement in quality.

Meanwhile Steve Kim is reporting that while Showtime passed on Bute-Froch, they are approving Jermain Taylor against some stiff and Gary Russell against a no-hoper. Hope Showtime doesn't hop on the Haymon bandwagon.
WHY would Showtime pass on Bute-Froch?

I know they did but WHY? At the very least we can probably bank on that fight going to EPIX for airing in the United States. The real coup would be for ESPN to option the rights and get Tessitore and Atlas to call it stateside.
the real reason is Showtime wants him to fight Dirrell and he doesn't want to. Dirrell is with Haymon and that's probably why HBO wont take it either.

i don't know what articles you guys are talking about when you say you think Hauser is in bed with TR or biased but i don't think he's to be to write negative shit about HBO and GBP. if anything i think he's just pointing out the preferential treatment they've been getting over the years and the fact it's done jack shit for HBO other than run through it's budget.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)