Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Dawson Has The Style...
10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
He seems to think to much at times, which is not what you want to get caught up doing w BHop, else you get lulled into a cerebral coma. He comes off dumb as a country bumpkin. But who knows. He undressed Tarver's purple ass.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
Method Wrote:He seems to think to much at times, which is not what you want to get caught up doing w BHop, else you get lulled into a cerebral coma. He comes off dumb as a country bumpkin. But who knows. He undressed Tarver's purple ass.
Public also forgets that Hopkins fight aren't boxing matches... they are anything goes type of fights.

500 clinches... no problem.

48 half-nelsons... big deal.

Dawson can box well no doubt but this thing on Saturday ain't no regular boxing match.
10-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
Hahahahaha. Yup. Ya never know what your gonna get.

10-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
To beat Hopkins, Dawson is gonna have to come in there with a different mentality to what he's shown us before. He's got to have that unquenchable desire and what's gonna make it harder is he's got to show it against a much better fighter than he's ever faced before.

And if he does that he's also gonna have to cope when Hopkins adapts seamlessly to what he brings to the table...both physically and mentally.

Dawson ain't a true high work rate fighter, the type who give Hopkins the most trouble. He's got youth on his side, but shit, who ain't? He's more a spurts type of fighter and Hopkins will shut those spurts out of the game. Hopkins is so smart he renders fighters unable to throw punches by making sure the shot ain't there.

Never been sold on Dawson and the only reason Hopkins ain't a dead cert for this fight is his age. It caught up with him at middleweight with Taylor but he's rejuvenated since moving up. Looks fresher, younger and he's aggressive too. I reckon he wins a shut out or near as damn it. Unless he really FINALLY has been surpassed by father time.
10-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Maxy Wrote:Never been sold on Dawson and the only reason Hopkins ain't a dead cert for this fight is his age.? It caught up with him at middleweight with Taylor but he's rejuvenated since moving up.? Looks fresher, younger and he's aggressive too.? I reckon he wins a shut out or near as damn it.? Unless he really FINALLY has been surpassed by father time.
I was NEVER sold on Dawson, and despite Hopkins looking better in the 3-4 fights IMMEDIATELY after middleweight, I have noticed him slowing down a little bit in those Pascal fights. No shame. He's 46. I think he looks a little (just a bit) softer, physically, specifically in the mid section, and I think he gets hit a little bit more...but that could have just been because he was trying to bang w Pascal. I never base a decision on where he's at based on one fight or vs one fighter, as his style has been complete since '99, he's looked the same way since the Glenn Johnson days. Like TRU said, sometimes you get this, sometimes you get that. Sometimes its rough, sometimes its

I still like him in the fight. We'll see.
10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Hopkins is beatable right now...and why shouldn't he be...he is almost 50 for Christ's sake, but Chad ain't the guy.
10-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
That's the thing ain't it? However, whatever Dawson has, how he wants to play it, Hopkins has seen it all, forgotten more than not so bad Chad will ever know. Yeah he may look ever so slightly softer but his skill set ain't diminished and he's always been smart enough not to have to worry about a miniscule drop in speed. Too smart for Chad.

On the cards the fight might look closer than it actually is. Ain't that the Hopkins way....he's in complete control of things but he's cagey and with that he can be too smart for the judges. They miss what's right there in front of them.

I've sold Hopkins short in the past, most notably after the Taylor fights. How long ago was that? The man still keeps doing the impossible. I just don't see tomorrow nights fight as being the impossible.

Can't look past a Hopkins win.
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
TRU Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:I'm biased against dumb fighters, but Dawson does have a good shot here...hard to know if he's gonna show up, and Hopkins will finally look his age...

That's what it will take...
Hopkins has looked his age since 2001... he's just a damn good old man.

Dawson has to be willing to punch at elbows and air to win this one. Not sure if he's that type of fighter to just throw when the openings aren't clearly there.
He's definitely from the Charles and Moore mold...but the older you get, the less consistent you become...normally.

I see they have Dawson as the favorite...-125 to Hopkins' -105.

I'm pretty sure he's capable of going after Hopkins like you say...he warred with Adamek, got busy against Pascal late, and wasn't afraid to throw or take a punch from Diaconu...

In the end...how the fuck are we supposed to know if he wants it THAT bad?...tough pick for me...
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
The CEO Wrote:
TRU Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:I'm biased against dumb fighters, but Dawson does have a good shot here...hard to know if he's gonna show up, and Hopkins will finally look his age...

Dawson has to be willing to punch at elbows and air to win this one. Not sure if he's that type of fighter to just throw when the openings aren't clearly there.
He's definitely from the Charles and Moore mold...but the older you get, the less consistent you become...normally.

I'm pretty sure he's capable of going after Hopkins like you say...he warred with Adamek, got busy against Pascal late, and wasn't afraid to throw or take a punch from Diaconu...

In the end...how the fuck are we supposed to know if he wants it THAT bad?...tough pick for me...
What made him get down on the scorecards so much against Pascal?

That's the big question when it comes to his mental.
10-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
TRU Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:
TRU Wrote:

What made him get down on the scorecards so much against Pascal?

That's the big question when it comes to his mental.
Pascal's aggression in the first 8 = Dawson's lack of engagement.

Pascal was unorthodox and throwing and landing these winging ass shots on Dawson and Dawson didnt like it one bit.

Pascal started to fade a bit in the 10th and 11th, and thats when Chad came on.

Fuck, man, I STILL think Glenn Johnson beat Dawson the first time around.

Glen was catchin 'eem.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)