Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Dawson Has The Style...
10-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Dawson comes out looking competitive for the first 5-6 rounds, then gets bored and lethargic from there, as he does in EVERY fight. Hopkins capitalizes on it.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
If Dawson hadn't already tasted defeat I would back him to beat Hopkins because he has that same Jermain Taylor kinda 'dumbness' about him that makes it hard for Hopkins to really get inside his head.

However now he's tasted defeat I also expect him to be like Taylor and start to slide.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard start this a little faster than usual I think he will be keen to make Dawson feel his (underrated) power early. Keep the boy in his place and then slide back into his more normal pace of fight.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
Good article.

Can't wait for this fight, just don't really know how it's going to unfold. Very tough fight to pick. I think Chad will do well early, and Hopkins to finish strong, it will come down to whether Dawson banked enough of the early rounds.
In the tail end of Hopkins' career, he has had clean and remarkable performances and ugly close ones.
The great performances were Tarver, Pavlik, Pascal and ugly ones were Taylor, Calzaghe and Jones Jr.
I personally think that Dawson's style will cause Hopkins to fight one of the uglier ones, and when that happens, it's usually a flip of the coin type of fight, and I pick Dawson. But a very 50/50 fight.

Hoping it's one of Hopkins great performances though.
10-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
Dawson has the youth & ability to play father time with Hopkins but not the brains. I expect him to be taken to the woodshed & slipped a length by Mr Hopkins.
10-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
Not much to add.

Dawson should take this. He has all the tools except 2 - unless he stole his nutz back from his wife's jewelry box. Very unlikely.

To win, Dawson has to come out and retire BHop. Nobody sans their nutsac can accomplish that.
10-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Dawson Has The Style...
STEVENSKI Wrote:Dawson has the youth & ability to play father time with Hopkins but not the brains. I expect him to be taken to the woodshed & slipped a length by Mr Hopkins.
I like how you try to just slide in under the radar...lol

Good to see ya.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Spyder Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:Dawson has the youth & ability to play father time with Hopkins but not the brains. I expect him to be taken to the woodshed & slipped a length by Mr Hopkins.
I like how you try to just slide in under the radar...lol

Good to see ya.
Yeah, bro. Good to see you.
10-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Fitz Wrote:Good article.

Can't wait for this fight, just don't really know how it's going to unfold. Very tough fight to pick. I think Chad will do well early, and Hopkins to finish strong, it will come down to whether Dawson banked enough of the early rounds.
In the tail end of Hopkins' career, he has had clean and remarkable performances and ugly close ones.
The great performances were Tarver, Pavlik, Pascal and ugly ones were Taylor, Calzaghe and Jones Jr.
I personally think that Dawson's style will cause Hopkins to fight one of the uglier ones, and when that happens, it's usually a flip of the coin type of fight, and I pick Dawson. But a very 50/50 fight.

Hoping it's one of Hopkins great performances though.
I could not have said it better myself. I just have no clue what to really expect from Dawson tonight.
10-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
It's gonna a close and interesting fight, it might not be exciting but you never know with X. I think the way the styles play out will be the key! Give me X by UD even though I have no idea how the old will do it...he is 46 after all!!!
10-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Dawson Has The Style...
Oh yea, Dawson should clean up those buck shot all over his head, just saying!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)