Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Is Floyd trying to clean up his image?
04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Gandalf The Black Wrote:Honestly, I feel sorry for Floyd. When he does retire, everyday of his life people will ask him about Pacquiao. I'm going to make what some of what you guys may call a crazy remark but it makes sense when you think about it.

Floyd Mayweather Jr is like "Arnold" Gary Coleman from sitcom Different Strokes. Arnold has a catch phrase,"What you talkin bout?" Every single day of Gary Coleman's life, people would come up to him and say that catch phrase or beg him to say it! It drove him crazy and he became the angry little man that we came to know.

Floyd Mayweather has no catch phrase but in the same way that people pestered Coleman to say his trademark line, people will ask Floyd why he didn't fight Pacquiao. As it did to Mr. Coleman, it will drive Floyd nuts.

He will become a recluse and go into hiding. After watching the face-off video, you see he's already accepted the fact that has no plans to fight Manny.
my friend has been living in Vegas for awhile now and he's seen Floyd around, he goes out but he ignores everyone. when he retires he'll just keep doing what he's been doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2012, 03:45 PM
JD Wrote:Floyd didn't bash Cotto because in fairness, it is kind of hard to. He is a humble dude who just wants to fight and isn't looking to mock his opponent. With that said, choosing Cotto was also a bit of a contradiction for Floyd, so he needs to do everything possible to avoid having people call him on that while selling Cotto as actually being undefeated.

As far as respect goes, I don't really think asking your buddy to give your phone or iPad or whatever he had to check scores while Cotto is in the middle of answering questions is all that respectful. Just because he isn't calling Cotto a cheater, a taxi driver or C level fighter doesn't mean he is showing the guy his respect.
My thoughts exactly.

Whilst Cotto was answering questions, Floyd was trying to show everyone how cool he is and how much the whole thing doesn't phase him by ignoring Cotto and Kellerman and talking to someone off camera a out a football bet.

I thought it was disrespectful, but in a different way.

I'm not bothered by it, but just how I viewed it.
04-05-2012, 04:55 PM
ROLLDEEP Wrote:
JD Wrote:Floyd didn't bash Cotto because in fairness, it is kind of hard to. He is a humble dude who just wants to fight and isn't looking to mock his opponent. With that said, choosing Cotto was also a bit of a contradiction for Floyd, so he needs to do everything possible to avoid having people call him on that while selling Cotto as actually being undefeated.

As far as respect goes, I don't really think asking your buddy to give your phone or iPad or whatever he had to check scores while Cotto is in the middle of answering questions is all that respectful. Just because he isn't calling Cotto a cheater, a taxi driver or C level fighter doesn't mean he is showing the guy his respect.
My thoughts exactly.

Whilst Cotto was answering questions, Floyd was trying to show everyone how cool he is and how much the whole thing doesn't phase him by ignoring Cotto and Kellerman and talking to someone off camera a out a football bet.

I thought it was disrespectful, but in a different way.

I'm not bothered by it, but just how I viewed it.
press release

50 mad @ Floyd for not having the spot light on while handing Floyd Ipad
04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
why was Floyd staring into Max's eyes when he said "i can give it and i can take it"? i think that face off was about a joke. it seemed like half the video Floyd wasn't even paying attention, then when he did 90% of what he said was trying to say something about Pacquiao. for a guy that's supposed to have some persona to sell ppvs that face off was like watching paint dry.
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Erect or limp, he's still a dickhead.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)