Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Morales v Garcia
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Morales v Garcia
Noticed there was no build up thread for this fight? Is no one interested?

Cant say i've seen much of Garcia, but I am looking forward to this fight purely to see the latest twist in this indian summer of Morales career hopefully he can pull it off.

What say you all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Morales v Garcia
It's amazing that Morales has been competing at the championship level for 15 years. Physically he's been on the decline since 2006, but he's not shot. That, coupled with his technique and will to win, will enable him to score some victories, but I don't see that happening here against Garcia. He's too young and sharp for Morales at this point.

I saw Garcia against Kendall Holt, and it really impressed me how he was able to control the fight. I think Garcia is going to get the better of the early rounds, then Morales will start doing some good work in the middle ones, but by the late rounds, his stamina will have been depleted and Garcia will take back control of the bout and win it.
03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Morales v Garcia
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:It's amazing that Morales has been competing at the championship level for 15 years. Physically he's been on the decline since 2006, but he's not shot. That, coupled with his technique and will to win, will enable him to score some victories, but I don't see that happening here against Garcia. He's too young and sharp for Morales at this point.

I saw Garcia against Kendall Holt, and it really impressed me how he was able to control the fight. I think Garcia is going to get the better of the early rounds, then Morales will start doing some good work in the middle ones, but by the late rounds, his stamina will have been depleted and Garcia will take back control of the bout and win it.
The way I see it, Morales isnt completely shot and as such has enough in the tank to give us glimpses of his former glory and look good in closer than anticipated losses. He doesn't have what it takes to pull out any significant victories tho, IMO. I hope i'm wrong.
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Morales v Garcia
I don't really think much of Garcia. Yeah, good skills and what not but he absolutely lacks any pop in his shots. Was thinking about putting a small CC bet on Morales but ain't made my mind up yet.
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Morales v Garcia
So pumped for this and Kirkland-Molina...

Rooting for Morales but I think Garcia wins a very close decision...he has skills to outhustle Morales...

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
03-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Morales v Garcia
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:It's amazing that Morales has been competing at the championship level for 15 years. Physically he's been on the decline since 2006, but he's not shot. That, coupled with his technique and will to win, will enable him to score some victories, but I don't see that happening here against Garcia. He's too young and sharp for Morales at this point.

This is pretty much how I see it going as well. Eric will fight valiantly but ultimately come up a bit short.

Love the matchup though, and that Morales was even willing to do it. Classic passing of the torch type bout.
03-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Morales v Garcia
It wouldn't surprise me if Morales still has something left but I kinda wish he'd stop before his warrior blood gets him hurt! I think Garcia wins this one though!
03-23-2012, 10:13 AM
Morales v Garcia
Morales has a hard time with speed at this stage, and Garcia is also noticeably more technically skilled than a Maidana...the former is young and strong and on his way up...how far up will be, I'm not too sure...

Ofcourse, it's possible Morales can pull it off...but I think Garcia is juuuuust too much for him here...
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Morales v Garcia
My friends, My friends...

Have we NOT noticed the recent trend in "Old" Legends fighting young, up & comers?

School will be session saturday night and another young prospect will be served! Eric Morales will teach this young boy a lesson.

Morales UD maybe SD. This will be a Hopkins-Pascal at 140.
03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Morales v Garcia
damarvelous1 Wrote:My friends, My friends...

Have we NOT noticed the recent trend in "Old" Legends fighting young, up & comers?

School will be session saturday night and another young prospect will be served! Eric Morales will teach this young boy a lesson.

Morales UD maybe SD. This will be a Hopkins-Pascal at 140.
I can totally understand your point of view!

This kinda says it all>>>> http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki...ght_032312

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mikey Garcia-Erik Morales on May 18th in a 4 round exhibition... ViperSniper 1 356 04-11-2019 12:21 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON
  Morales vs. Garcia Discussion Thread Byrd Man 49 28,477 10-27-2012 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots
  Garcia-Morales II Big Slim 6 4,268 07-26-2012 11:39 PM
Last Post: kidbazooka1

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)