Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Toney's heavyweight career vs Haye's heavyweight car
04-07-2012, 08:27 AM
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Toney without a question of doubt is the greater, more skilled...& exciting fighter to watch. But I guess to say someone as hated as Haye accomplished more at HW than someone as respected as Toney wouldn't be the easiest thing to wrap your head around.

Sure JT was a former MW 'hanging in there' against Heavyweights is impressive on it's own..which it is. But in terms of results & impact at HW it's not very hard for alot of fighters to have a better career than Toney there as it was far from impressive.

You know this when Toney fans are pointing at names like Rahman (oooh), Ruiz & Peter as to why he not only had a better resume but a better career. But as pointed above...LOST those fights! He didn't beat those guys..he lost to them!!! Despite the efforts of JT & the enjoyment he produced in those fights, those losses have now conveniently been chalked up as a wins. Those very loses are held higher than victories???

Haye beat 2 fighters that can make anyone look bad in Valuev & Ruiz clearly. Those combined are better than Holyfield & Booker!

Haye was champion
Haye successfully defended his title twice
Haye's got a victory over Ruiz, Toney doesn't

Yet...

Toney was popular
Toney didn't run
Toney is more fun to watch
I like Toney

..therefore

Toney>Gaye

lol
Nice try, but had Toney back then only had to beat Valuev, Barrett, Harrison and Ruiz he would've had the same record as Haye's. You can bank on it.

Again, Toney's loss to Peter is better than any of Haye's wins. Just think about that for a moment.

Nice try with what? I'm not hear to convince you otherwise, just trying to get my point across by giving details. You have said it yourself that your mind is made up. You have continued to stick with shitting on Haye & praising Toney by backing that up with how you 'like' what JT has done more.

I also did think about your last comment and I think your being disingenuous when rating a Toney 'loss' higher than any 'win' from Haye! But this is coming from a JT fan using one of his personal favorite JT fights (that was a loss) as a reference to why it's better than anything Haye ever did at HW! I can see where your going with this as Peter was the most legit opponent either faced and you would have a point IF TONEY WON!

If you rather have an L on your record by Peter over a W over Ruiz or Valuev?? Then that would be a big reason to why you've formed this very strong opinion that your clearly going to stand by!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 08:31 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:
the ollie reed fan club Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Toney without a question of doubt is the greater, more skilled...& exciting fighter to watch. But I guess to say someone as hated as Haye accomplished more at HW than someone as respected as Toney wouldn't be the easiest thing to wrap your head around.

Sure JT was a former MW 'hanging in there' against Heavyweights is impressive on it's own..which it is. But in terms of results & impact at HW it's not very hard for alot of fighters to have a better career than Toney there as it was far from impressive.

You know this when Toney fans are pointing at names like Rahman (oooh), Ruiz & Peter as to why he not only had a better resume but a better career. But as pointed above...LOST those fights! He didn't beat those guys..he lost to them!!! Despite the efforts of JT & the enjoyment he produced in those fights, those losses have now conveniently been chalked up as a wins. Those very loses are held higher than victories???

Haye beat 2 fighters that can make anyone look bad in Valuev & Ruiz clearly. Those combined are better than Holyfield & Booker!

Haye was champion
Haye successfully defended his title twice
Haye's got a victory over Ruiz, Toney doesn't

Yet...

Toney was popular
Toney didn't run
Toney is more fun to watch
I like Toney

..therefore

Toney>Gaye

lol
Nice try, but had Toney back then only had to beat Valuev, Barrett, Harrison and Ruiz he would've had the same record as Haye's. You can bank on it.

Again, Toney's loss to Peter is better than any of Haye's wins. Just think about that for a moment.

Nice try with what? I'm not hear to convince you otherwise, just trying to get my point across by giving details. You have said it yourself that your mind is made up. You have continued to stick with shitting on Haye & praising Toney by backing that up with how you 'like' what JT has done more.

I also did think about your last comment and I think your being disingenuous when rating a Toney 'loss' higher than any 'win' from Haye! But this is coming from a JT fan using one of his personal favorite JT fights (that was a loss) as a reference to why it's better than anything Haye ever did at HW! I can see where your going with this as Peter was the most legit opponent either faced and you would have a point IF TONEY WON!

If you rather have an L on your record by Peter over a W over Ruiz or Valuev?? Then that would be a big reason to why you've formed this very strong opinion that your clearly going to stand by!
I disagree.

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-07-2012, 12:36 PM
I was just wondering, I am hearing many think that Toney wins easy tonight! I mean he was way more skilled but I ain't so sure about wins easy at this point!
04-07-2012, 12:49 PM
BrotherCane Wrote:I was just wondering, I am hearing many think that Toney wins easy tonight! I mean he was way more skilled but I ain't so sure about wins easy at this point!
Better yet, does anyone give a flying sex act what this fat fuck does anymore?

On the thread subject, I will take David Haye because of his respect for the sport and his own health. And if you are going to base it on pretty losses, Haye's loss to the younger head of The Siamese Klit trumps anything The Burger Queen has done at HW.
04-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Toney weight in at 248 pounds for this fight tonight. Bobby Gunn isn't a joke and though not on the top level will come to fight. Toney's career the past 6 years have been a joke and I'm just glad people aren't claming he can be the heavyweight champ anymore.
04-08-2012, 12:26 AM
Well looks as if JT beat Tommy Gunn as well....so I think that can be held in high esteem...I mean hell the only way Balboa could do it was in a street fight...
04-08-2012, 12:35 AM
BGv4.0 Wrote:Well looks as if JT beat Tommy Gunn as well....so I think that can be held in high esteem...I mean hell the only way Balboa could do it was in a street fight...
lol

“Shakespeare? I ain’t never hoid of him. He’s not in no ratings. I suppose he’s one of them foreign heavyweights. They’re all lousy. Sure as hell I’ll moider dat bum.”—Tony Galento
04-08-2012, 06:05 AM
Im going with Haye.

Obviously Toney is the better fighter, but with regards to what theyve done at heavyweight, I think Haye has done more.

Toney's stint at heavyweight has been prone to let downs, losses, steroids and bad training with one or two decent wins along the way.

Haye has had a couple of decent wins with a heavyweight title.

If you take into account their losses, (not sure why) then having a closer fight against Vladimir than anyone else has had is better than losing to Peter in my opinion.

Reasons as to why Toney is the better, more exciting, funnier, more old school, etc, etc fighter is good, but still doesn't add up to impressive wins at heavyweight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  HEAVYWEIGHT ACTION!!!!! BGv4.0 901 133,397 02-11-2021 04:37 AM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  Who has the brightest future out of the current Heavyweight Champions? ViperSniper 261 71,832 02-23-2020 07:27 PM
  Post 2000: Greatest Heavyweight Win ViperSniper 38 3,386 01-02-2020 06:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)