Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Has the HW division finally pushed out Evander?
04-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Warlord Wrote:I've always supported Holyfield's right to continue fighting. He beat Valuev cleanly and it's a damn shame he was robbed in that fight.

Holyfield is one of the greatest fighters that ever lived, and he can fight as long as he wants to, and I will always be there to support him.

He should pull a Foreman and fight a bunch of cans until one last payday for a title lines up for him. His fight with Vinny Maddalone was a real ass-whipping, proving that even an aged Holyfield can still be a can-crusher of epic proportions.
I was at the Maddalone fight live....and it was brutal...but I have never seen the televised fight...good to see it transfered over lol

Holy/Fres in SA and Holy/Savarese Hell Paso was F'N good too....I really do wish he would do another TX tour....that was awesome!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2012, 04:37 AM
Warlord Wrote:Whoever suggested Holyfield and Bowe on the senior tour is a real sick bastard. lol Holyfield would beat Bowe more retarded than he already is.
Nah I meant have the three of them Tyson, Holyfield & Bowe travel Europe fighting bums on the same cards. Like a music festival for washed up name boxers.
04-07-2012, 01:31 PM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:Whoever suggested Holyfield and Bowe on the senior tour is a real sick bastard. lol Holyfield would beat Bowe more retarded than he already is.
Nah I meant have the three of them Tyson, Holyfield & Bowe travel Europe fighting bums on the same cards. Like a music festival for washed up name boxers.
Geriatricpalooza

Walkers optional.
04-07-2012, 08:49 PM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why more sports don't create senior tours. There's gotta be money made from the legions of fans out there who still want to see the heroes from their childhood out performing and winning, versus performing and getting crushed.

I can't imagine that people wouldn't still want to see Holyfield and Tyson (not sure about Bowe) dropping the hammer on some cats.

4-6 rounds for a standard senior bout, maybe an 8-round main event. It'd still be sweet to see Holmes/Foreman, no matter how over-due. Whitaker/Chavez again. Get Leonard back out there. It'd never happen because no one in today's sport or today's economy has the nuts for it, but I think it would fly.

I always used to think NASCAR would be another great sport for a senior tour. You got guys like Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, and Darrel Waltrip just sitting on the sidelines, wishing they were out there on the track but aren't, simply because the sport passed them by.

Create a senior tour, run it on Saturday nights on some of the smaller tracks, and I gauran-damn-tee you the fans will fill the stands. Even if it was just for 8 races a year or something.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Warlord Wrote:
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Yeah, I don't know why more sports don't create senior tours. There's gotta be money made from the legions of fans out there who still want to see the heroes from their childhood out performing and winning, versus performing and getting crushed.

I can't imagine that people wouldn't still want to see Holyfield and Tyson (not sure about Bowe) dropping the hammer on some cats.

4-6 rounds for a standard senior bout, maybe an 8-round main event. It'd still be sweet to see Holmes/Foreman, no matter how over-due. Whitaker/Chavez again. Get Leonard back out there. It'd never happen because no one in today's sport or today's economy has the nuts for it, but I think it would fly.

I always used to think NASCAR would be another great sport for a senior tour. You got guys like Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, and Darrel Waltrip just sitting on the sidelines, wishing they were out there on the track but aren't, simply because the sport passed them by.

Create a senior tour, run it on Saturday nights on some of the smaller tracks, and I gauran-damn-tee you the fans will fill the stands. Even if it was just for 8 races a year or something.
I think you are right . . . it could work . . . and it would be pretty humorous too.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)