Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Flyers/Pens Game V Tonight
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
JD Wrote:I think the big problem hockey has had is that it struggles to translate on TV. Until you go to live games, watching it on TV lacks the same effect.

I mean, Fox Sports tried to put a tail on the puck when it hit a certain speed so people could follow it. Terrible.

With the HD improvements it is certainly better, but still nothing like seeing it in person.
I remember that....and it was really weird to see. And really did not help as just made it odd.

But I think you might be correct....for whatever reason the atmosphere and sheer speed of the game does not seem to translate over a broadcast the way it does in real life being there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2012, 01:27 PM
JD Wrote:I think the big problem hockey has had is that it struggles to translate on TV. Until you go to live games, watching it on TV lacks the same effect.

I mean, Fox Sports tried to put a tail on the puck when it hit a certain speed so people could follow it. Terrible.

With the HD improvements it is certainly better, but still nothing like seeing it in person.
Disagree wholeheartedly. Game way too fast in person for all the action that is going on. On a big screen at home, you see all the action, and are right up close and personal. But that's me.
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Method Wrote:

Disagree wholeheartedly. Game way too fast in person for all the action that is going on. On a big screen at home, you see all the action, and are right up close and personal. But that's me.
But you have been to live hockey games.

So your perspective immediately changes.

The reason Fox put the tail on the puck was because people said they didn't watch because they never knew what was going on over a TV broadcast...I definitely think the HD advancements have helped a ton, but I also think going to live games gives someone a far better understanding what they are watching on TV.
04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
BGv4.0 Wrote:

I remember that....and it was really weird to see. And really did not help as just made it odd.

But I think you might be correct....for whatever reason the atmosphere and sheer speed of the game does not seem to translate over a broadcast the way it does in real life being there.
Yeah...I mean, if you are feeling it this much for minor league hockey, you absolutely MUST find your way to an NHL game.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)