Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Can somebody, anybody explain the difference?
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't think there's really a ref out there that enforces the no holding rule the way many imply it should be. When is the last time a guy got DQ'd for holding? Shit, rarely do guys even get point deductions for it. There's a fine line between excessive and not excessive, and it's not clearly defined.

Very similar to boxing smart and using your legs and the ring verses running. If a guy does it in moderation he's putting on a masterful boxing performance. If he does it for a full 3 minutes of every round and never plants his feet he's considered to be running. Maybe point deductions and DQs should happen from running to... after all running and clinching accomplish the same goal, to avoid being hit/engaging your opponent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I agree but there's nothing implicitly illegal about running and it burns energy from the legs.

I really have no probs with runners or blockers like Narvaez.

Most holding is done admittedly by the fighter themselves because it's easier than running, moving, slipping, or blocking.
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
TRU Wrote:The first video says it all... fans emotionally charged to credit who they want to credit and discredit whoever they feel like.

Pretty typical but the truth is all these hobos have the same exact strategy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/eu32mCh2wlg
He still stopped that cheating mother fucker so he must have done a bit more than just hugged!
04-24-2012, 09:12 PM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I don't think there's really a ref out there that enforces the no holding rule the way many imply it should be. When is the last time a guy got DQ'd for holding? Shit, rarely do guys even get point deductions for it. There's a fine line between excessive and not excessive, and it's not clearly defined.

Very similar to boxing smart and using your legs and the ring verses running. If a guy does it in moderation he's putting on a masterful boxing performance. If he does it for a full 3 minutes of every round and never plants his feet he's considered to be running. Maybe point deductions and DQs should happen from running to... after all running and clinching accomplish the same goal, to avoid being hit/engaging your opponent.
i think Berto's fight with Zaveck needed to have the holding rule enforced, laying all of your weight into someone and driving them into the ropes doesn't belong in boxing. and then some refs want to step in and separate fighters if they bump into each other. i know it'll never happen but the commissions should get together and school the refs on what's alright and what crosses the line when it comes to the gray areas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)