Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Amateur fights & sparring sessions.
04-30-2012, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2015 05:17 AM by ViperSniper.)
Klitschko-Klitschko (sparring/shadowboxing). Closest thing we may ever get!

Klitschkos sparring <--- link.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2012, 07:12 AM
I remember years ago reading about Maidana vs Matthysse in private. I think it was back in the old Btalk days. I thought it was a very gentlemanly thing to do. Sort of old fashioned & with heart.

I think this one would have ended differently as pros.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ThUhD_g48_Q
05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Tonight I found out Darchiniyan & Judah sparred for one of Vics fight!

Chavez-Castllo sparring is one that slipped from me.
05-18-2012, 05:42 PM
The Middleweight Prospect Golovkin knocked out Bute in the amateurs.
06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Watching the HBO telecast, they mentioned how Bradley & Ward (who have similarities) fought as amateur at 154? They didn't say who won, went on how Ward claimed Bradley gave him one of his toughest fights as an amateur! Never knew this nor Bradley was fighting at a much heavy weight prior to turning pro.
11-10-2012, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2017 12:57 AM by ViperSniper.)
James Toney-Danny Green sparring session. Very nice scrap that gets a lil heated with back n fourth from the two (mainly Toney of course). This was back when Green was a Super Middleweight..

11-10-2012, 06:08 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:Kostya Tszyu - Vernon Forrest: (Amateur World Championship). One of my two all time favs!

http://www.youtube.com/v/RFqzr4oMwZM
Ouch, I remember ordering this fight from a fight collector years ago (in the days before youtube when you had to actually get old tapes, haha).

This was the fight that made Johnny Lewis and Tszyus future promotor to decide to make him a serious offer to turn pro before the next Olympics. Vernon was the gold medal favourite for this fight.

Awesome thread Viper! I remember always hearing about the imfamous De La Hoya vs Chavez sparring and finally saw it on youtube a while back.

I got excited when I first read your Mosley vs Chavez sparring! Just watched it, haha, it looks like a cat playing with a mouse. You could tell Chavez was just toying with a young Mosley.

I think I also heard about some awesome sparring between Vargas and Forrest years ago, but never saw it.
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:I remember years ago reading about Maidana vs Matthysse in private. I think it was back in the old Btalk days. I thought it was a very gentlemanly thing to do. Sort of old fashioned & with heart.

I think this one would have ended differently as pros.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ThUhD_g48_Q
I was thinking about this fight in the pros recently after watching the Argeullo vs Pryor 1st fight again. Pryor was 3 years older, so he would have naturally had the edge back when they fought in the amateurs, particularly given Hearns was a tall lanky kid who was still growing into his frame.

Would have been an absolute cracker in the pros! 2 of boxings pure Royalty.
11-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Hey ATN post the Chavez-Mosley session. I've battled finding it!!

Also never heard about the Forrest-Vargas sessions!!
11-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Not sure how to put the picture in (Im useless with IT); but here is the link to Chavez vs Mosley: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4VMMpteXU

Viper, you said Tszyu vs Forrest is one of your 2 all time favs, what is the other?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  All amateur fights are suspended after US boxing boss says a TheFonz 1 2,485 10-26-2012 03:27 PM
Last Post: Romulus9

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)