Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Amateur fights & sparring sessions.
03-29-2019, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2019 08:06 PM by ViperSniper.)
RE: Amateur fights & sparring sessions.
(03-28-2019 09:39 PM)the ollie reed fan club Wrote:  Didn't know where to put this one but in lieu of anywhere else and since the title of this thread isd 'heavyweight Action!!!' I'll put it here. I've seen a lot of old tape of a young Tyson sparring as I'm sure the rest of you have as well but I haven't seen this. This is a 16 year old Mike sparring without headgear with Jimmy Clark who was 18-1 as a pro at the time (and in the days when that type of record actually meant something) and Clark is having to do everything he can to keep Tyson off of him. He even asks for filming to be stopped after the 1st round (Spoiler, it isn't.)

I have never seen any fighter as polished at 16 as Tyson was. You really do have wonder if Cus had been 20 years younger just how far he could've taken him.

Fascinating watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JplRSJr8K-g

Thought I'd bump n throw you post here haha.
Very good watch & listen. Tyson at 16 had incredible movement, he was so fluid & quick from head to toe!
Cus D'amato was a boxing wizard & the best thing to ever happen in Mike's life! D'amato fighters have got one of the best looking styles. That's why Floyd Patterson would be my 3rd fav Heavyweight behind Ali & Tyson!

Say what you want but Bradley has always been legit & wish more fighters had half his spirit & competitiveness!

Unfortunately no sparring footage but here is Bradley openly talking about the time he sparred with Terrance Crawford! Haha

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amateur fights & sparring sessions. - ViperSniper - 03-29-2019 08:02 PM
Amateur fights & sparring sessions. - Fitz - 04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Amateur fights & sparring sessions. - Fitz - 04-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  All amateur fights are suspended after US boxing boss says a TheFonz 1 2,506 10-26-2012 03:27 PM
Last Post: Romulus9

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)