Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs Cotto
05-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
One thing I'm very sure of. If you don't use your legs, then you'd forget how to use it when the "time" comes. Floyd will get knocked out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
I don't think Cotto would have weighed 170. I'd imagine somewhere between 160-165. No way Mayweather was 147, Cotto did not look much bigger than Floyd. They looked roughly the same size, though Cotto would have weighed a bit more. But the size difference between the two never looked dramatic.
05-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
PBF moved a lot more against JMM than against Cotto.
05-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Fitz Wrote:I don't think Cotto would have weighed 170. I'd imagine somewhere between 160-165. No way Mayweather was 147, Cotto did not look much bigger than Floyd. They looked roughly the same size, though Cotto would have weighed a bit more. But the size difference between the two never looked dramatic.
I thought Cotto looked the thicker of the two.

I'd find it hard to believe that if Cotto was fighting in the ring at 160 7-8 years ago at a junior welter in his early-mid 20's that on the dark side of 30 fighting at junior middle he was fighting at the same weight or slightly above.

I think 170 sounds about right, based on his history and his body maturing over the last 7-8 years. Whoever said 167, that's a possibility.

Does anyone think Mayweather cuts weight fighting at junior middle? I mean say he DOES weigh above 154 walking around, why would he cut to a number significantly less than 154 (150) to weigh in? That doesn't make sense. For that reason I feel like he's pretty natural when he steps on the scale the day before the fight, that is close to his natural weight. Maybe he gains a few pounds after the weigh in because he eats/drinks whatever he wants. I do think him saying he was 147 is BS, but I doubt he was even over the junior welter limit on fight night.
05-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:PBF moved a lot more against JMM than against Cotto.
He did. I think he respected the hell out of JMM and chose not to war with him.
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Mayweather looked better against Cotto than he did De La Hoya. He spent more time on the ropes vs Oscar, had long periods of inactivity and missed with a lot more shots than we're accustomed to. Oscar at that point in his career was not too far ahead of Cotto in this stage of his respective career, so I fail to see how Floyd is aging. He looked in much better form than he did when in his 'prime' against Oscar.

But it's a moot point. We'll see over the next year or two if there's a trend. An aging Floyd who gets caught and has to work harder may well be good for boxing and makes the Pacquiao fight that much more desirable, so ironically I hope Smart et al are right after all.

Black
05-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
I've always thought ever since Jones was KO by Tarver that the day Mayweather loses it will be in similar fashion. I think once his reflexes go and 30-40% of that natural talent erodes that if he faces a puncher, the puncher will eventually get there.

Mayweather, like Jones, doesn't lose many rounds so I don't really see the guy getting outpointed. Sure maybe he loses 2-3 rounds, compared to ZERO or 1 round back in his prime but that's still not enough to get it done. Jones didn't start dropping decisions until after he was laid out, and that's the path I see for Mayweather sometime in the next few years.
05-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I've always thought ever since Jones was KO by Tarver that the day Mayweather loses it will be in similar fashion. I think once his reflexes go and 30-40% of that natural talent erodes that if he faces a puncher, the puncher will eventually get there.

Mayweather, like Jones, doesn't lose many rounds so I don't really see the guy getting outpointed. Sure maybe he loses 2-3 rounds, compared to ZERO or 1 round back in his prime but that's still not enough to get it done. Jones didn't start dropping decisions until after he was laid out, and that's the path I see for Mayweather sometime in the next few years.

..I'd like that!
05-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
It would only be fair considering the way Floyd's second half of his career has been far from great!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather-Cotto 2 damarvelous1 21 10,333 06-29-2012 10:41 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Mayweather - Cotto May 5th JD 282 157,796 03-05-2012 10:33 PM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo
  Mayweather vs Cotto interest anyone? Fitz 56 32,847 12-13-2011 03:58 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)