Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Mayweather vs Cotto
05-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
I'll hopefully be catching the fight on Sunday evening when it replays, so I'll be avoiding the Internet all day Sunday so I don't find out the outcome.

But it still won't be a surprise when Mayweather starts countering Cotto to death after around the 4 round....and then even walks him down a little ala Mosely towards the final stretch.

Cottos legs will have gone and he just won't keep up with Mayweather.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Check out this pic...for one Gamboa is right behind FMJ and look at the size body guard in the Patriots shirt!
05-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:I hope you guys are right, because I'd like to see Mayweather have to work in there - especially for 36 minutes.

I just don't buy into this whole "new Cotto" ... "undrained Cotto" crap that I keep reading about. The guy is so spent mileage wise it's ridiculous, and he's about to get driven hard.
he's a new Cotto, he looks a lot better than when he's coming off of his loss to Marg and getting rushed into a fight with Pac. but with his career he's a new Cotto like Judah was a new Judah. he can whoop some ass if he's matched right but with a different opponent he'll get dominated. and i think Mayweather has about every single advantage in this fight, i would give chin to Cotto though.
05-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
BrotherCane Wrote:Check out this pic...for one Gamboa is right behind FMJ and look at the size body guard in the Patriots shirt!
Floyd signed Gamboa because he fears him!
05-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
BrotherCane Wrote:Check out this pic...for one Gamboa is right behind FMJ and look at the size body guard in the Patriots shirt!
Floyd signed Gamboa because he fears him!
Do you or anyone know what Gamboa will have to pay to get outta the Arum contract? Pacman should do the same IMO!
05-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Na man not got a clue. I do however wish that someone would pay it. Gamboa on the sidelines is no use for boxing.
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Does anyone think that the fact that FMJ is still saying that Pac is on or was on PED's will hurt him in that law suit vs Pac? It just seems to never stop with him feeling the need to dismiss anything Pac did to make himself look better. Whatever I guess! http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-on-maywe...ims--52438
http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/f...d-ped-use/
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Cotto deserves some credit for learning some new things in the ring at his age. Cotto isn't as good physically as he has had some wear and tear. But mentally, he is a much more mature fighter and has learnt some new things. He uses the jab a little more and boxes for longer periods of time, he began to use his right hand more in his last fight and the biggest improvement was knowing when to clinch. All you need to do is watch the second Margarito fight and then watch the first fight, and his fights with Mosley and Pacquiao. He seems to be able to handle himself a little better and surviving when he tires late.
It's not very easy for a guy to make adjustments at this stage. Just look at guys like Williams and countless others that can't.

Cotto has taken the time to learn and add some things in his style and was why he probably looked ordinary in some fights after his losses, as looking back, he was probably trying some new things.
This is a different Cotto, I think he is a more mature fighter mentally. Doesn't mean he is as good physically, but I think he is in a good place at the moment.
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Fitz Wrote:Cotto deserves some credit for learning some new things in the ring at his age. Cotto isn't as good physically as he has had some wear and tear. But mentally, he is a much more mature fighter and has learnt some new things. He uses the jab a little more and boxes for longer periods of time, he began to use his right hand more in his last fight and the biggest improvement was knowing when to clinch. All you need to do is watch the second Margarito fight and then watch the first fight, and his fights with Mosley and Pacquiao. He seems to be able to handle himself a little better and surviving when he tires late.
It's not very easy for a guy to make adjustments at this stage. Just look at guys like Williams and countless others that can't.

Cotto has taken the time to learn and add some things in his style and was why he probably looked ordinary in some fights after his losses, as looking back, he was probably trying some new things.
This is a different Cotto, I think he is a more mature fighter mentally. Doesn't mean he is as good physically, but I think he is in a good place at the moment.
Might have known you'd give him credit for learning how to clinch......

lol lol
05-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Mayweather vs Cotto
Fitz Wrote:Cotto deserves some credit for learning some new things in the ring at his age. Cotto isn't as good physically as he has had some wear and tear. But mentally, he is a much more mature fighter and has learnt some new things. He uses the jab a little more and boxes for longer periods of time, he began to use his right hand more in his last fight and the biggest improvement was knowing when to clinch. All you need to do is watch the second Margarito fight and then watch the first fight, and his fights with Mosley and Pacquiao. He seems to be able to handle himself a little better and surviving when he tires late.

He still gone lose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mayweather-Cotto 2 damarvelous1 21 10,334 06-29-2012 10:41 AM
Last Post: ViperSniper
  Mayweather - Cotto May 5th JD 282 157,810 03-05-2012 10:33 PM
Last Post: SmartyBeardo
  Mayweather vs Cotto interest anyone? Fitz 56 32,848 12-13-2011 03:58 PM
Last Post: JONdaCON

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)