Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Funny promotions to fights.
05-08-2012, 06:24 AM
What fights in the past that may have been bad or uninteresting that required bad attempts to hype, promote or bill a fight?

Funniest one for me was De La Hoya-Campas where Yori Boy had a potion that was going to cause bad on DLH!! LOL! There were pics of him next to this massive old pot with the 'potion' inside it.

Another was Jones-Lacy with the whole 'hook' them with Jones rockin up to the press conference in a captain hook outfit lol!

More recently Toney's last fight hyping the very first 'bareknuckle champion' vs the 'heavyweight champion' of the world lol!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
ViperSniper Wrote:Another was Jones-Lacy with the whole 'hook' them with Jones rockin up to the press conference in a captain hook outfit lol!
05-08-2012, 08:25 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Another was Jones-Lacy with the whole 'hook' them with Jones rockin up to the press conference in a captain hook outfit lol!
Now that is some gay shit right there. RJJ attempting to broaden the fan base?

Speaking of RJJ, I'm beginning to think he is addicted to The Land Of Twitch like the freak jobs that are into asphyxiation.
05-08-2012, 11:34 AM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Roy has been in some good fight promotions...like the one where John Ruiz came dressed as a Pimp, saying that he was gonna chase Roy around the ring like a Pimp chasing his ho.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 06:19 PM
STEVENSKI Wrote:
Man that was embarrassing but he whipped the shit out of Lacy that night.
05-09-2012, 11:59 PM
ViperSniper Wrote:What fights in the past that may have been bad or uninteresting that required bad attempts to hype, promote or bill a fight?

Funniest one for me was De La Hoya-Campas where Yori Boy had a potion that was going to cause bad on DLH!! LOL! There were pics of him next to this massive old pot with the 'potion' inside it.

Another was Jones-Lacy with the whole 'hook' them with Jones rockin up to the press conference in a captain hook outfit lol!

More recently Toney's last fight hyping the very first 'bareknuckle champion' vs the 'heavyweight champion' of the world lol!
The funny thing about Yori Boy Campas's potion was that Oscar said he wanted Yori Boy tested after he heard the news. I remember the report saying after Yori Boy drank it, he demanded that Gay La Hoya show up and fight him then and there. Apparently Oscar considered the potion to be a potential performance enhancer or something.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
05-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Speaking of Jones Jr., John Ruiz showing up to their press conference wearing a pimp suit was just pathetically funny. With as boring a name as Ruiz had (the Quiet Man), the pimp outfit was about as incongruous as could be.

The best thing about John Ruiz was Norman Stone.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
05-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Warlord Wrote:Speaking of Jones Jr., John Ruiz showing up to their press conference wearing a pimp suit was just pathetically funny. With as boring a name as Ruiz had (the Quiet Man), the pimp outfit was about as incongruous as could be.

The best thing about John Ruiz was Norman Stone.
LOL!

Also this:

Still one of my favorite posts of all-time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Campas-DLH was the first thing that came to mind when seeing this. That was such a huge mismatch, and they were doing anything to get people to spend 50 bucks on that rip off. What was even more pathetic was George Foreman cheerleading Campas during that broadcast.
05-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Not that it was really a funny promotion, but I think one of the biggest BS heavyweight promotions was Lewis-Grant... and the TWO BIG crap "a combined 500lbs of heavyweights" ... blah blah blah.

Grant just got his ASS handed to him by Golota in his previous fight. Anyone that watched the first round of Grant-Golota would know that Lewis would likely KO him in the 1st, if not extremely early.

Anyway lots of buildup for a fight that was destined to end in a huge Lewis KO within a round or two, and that's exactly what we got.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  De La Hoya and Arum to talk co-promotions Fitz 1 1,970 08-30-2014 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mean Mister Mustard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)