Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cameras
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Cameras
Method Wrote:Dude, get that Canon 60D. The guys that I talk to, and one of the reasons I bought it, is because they do a lot of off shore sport fishing, and take pics for magazines and shit, and have a tv show. They told me Canon has the best lenses, and to just go with it. Being that they had all the experiences in both print and tv media. I took the advice.

To be honest, I dont think you can go wrong with Either of those manufacturers.
Canon was the one I'd kinda set my heart on but I know that to get the best out of either you need to invest pretty damn heavily in the lenses.

When the time comes I'll let you both know what I got and show some of my work. Perhaps...unless I feel embarrassed by it!

lol

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Cameras
Maxy Wrote:
Spyder Wrote:They both have built in mics.  If you were looking to use it for professional applications, which I know you aren't, then you'd want to record your audio on a different digital device.

Canon is superior to Nikon in the video department.  Canon was the first to discover this application for DSLR's, and they supported it with the proper processors.  Nikon is still trying to figure it out.

All of the photo junkies give Nikon the edge in the still photography department.  I don't know if that's just an "old habits die hard" type of thing, or if they really notice the difference.  I can't.

I went with the Nikon myself, for the simple fact that it was on sale at the time.  Knowing what I know about the video difference, I probably would've spent the extra cash for the Canon.  But I still love the Nikon, and I'm taken the best pictures that I've ever taken with it.

The good news is that you can't go wrong with either.
OK thanks, that's good to read.

About the video and the mic capabilities...I don't expect a built in mic to be very good but I did kinda think the mic you can add to the camera would be of a very good quality and that sound would be pure. Naive? Most likely am, like I said, it's all pretty new to me and just something I've been saving for for quite a while now.

Always been into still images but needed to up the ante to get the picture quality I'm ultimately striving for. The lenses meth put up are the type of thing I'm aiming to get eventually but that is some way down the line right now.
Don't sleep on the Canon 60D built in mic.

I took my kid's Christmas show from about 20 yards back. Telephoto zoom lens, and no external mic, and the audio came out AWESOME. You would never know. The vid is 1080p.

Spyder is right though, for most audio aps, you'd want an external mic. I'm just saying, I got by without missing a beat in this instance. Maybe the speakers in the auditorium had something to do w it. Who knows.
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Cameras
Maxy, just because a mic is built in, doesn't mean it's bad. My primary camera I shoot video with it the Sony FX1. I was looking to replace it on everyday applications with the Nikon DSLR, but the video couldn't keep up.

When I shoot a "run and gun" with it, the audio from the built in is incredible. Dolby 5.1. It's hard to describe, but when my friend was editing the footage I shot with my FX1 into a timeline of video shot with another camera...the point that stood out the most to him was how much cleaner the audio was from my built in mic.

I have other means of recording audio for set shoots, but that's mainly so I can have more control with it.

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)