Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kessler v. Green Discussion Thread
05-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Just watched it. Good fight!

Both guys weighed in as very light LHW's with Green coming in 171..& Kessler in 169..?
Why don't more fighters do this instead of moving up so many pounds at a time??

Anyways Green caught Kessler with some hard shots and both throwing with alot of intention. Kessler was wobbled but not seriously hurt when he went down.

I have never seen Kessler throw the left hook so many times in a fight that I recall. He was throwing it all fight and landed the very punch that ended it a couple times beforehand.

Very nice KO!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2012, 04:28 PM
ViperSniper Wrote:Just watched it. Good fight!

Both guys weighed in as very light LHW's with Green coming in 171..& Kessler in 169..?

Anyways Green caught Kessler with some hard shots and both throwing with alot of intention. Kessler was wobbled but not seriously hurt when he went down.

I have never seen Kessler throw the left hook so many times in a fight that I recall. He was throwing it all fight and landed the very punch that ended it a couple times beforehand.

Very nice KO!!!
Their weights, especially Kessler's isn't uncharacteristic of them though on paper it may look odd for a fight at light heavy.
05-21-2012, 12:56 AM
BrutalBodyShots Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:Just watched it. Good fight!

Very nice KO!!!
Their weights, especially Kessler's isn't uncharacteristic of them though on paper it may look odd for a fight at light heavy.

I asked that because I recall close to most times if a fighter moves up in weight instead of comin in just a lil over the new limit, fighters come in closer to max limit of that division. Recent example Alexander-Maidana being natural 140 fighters debut at welterweight as around 145 or over for both?

I'm sure it depends on the fighters body, fighting style n who they're facing but I always imagined it would be easier n more effective for fighters like Kessler-Green who only added just enough pounds to make the new limit!? Less strain on the body & possibly more safer?

Anyways the move up to LHW didn't seem to effect Kessler much & displayed a good performance with a very impressive finishing!

I would like to see Kessler have a couple more fights before he takes on any of the top dogs at 175!!
05-21-2012, 08:57 AM
The fight was made with a limit of 172.

I don't believe Kessler has much left to offer at the top level anymore. Injuries and weight cutting have caught up with him in my opinion. He's definitely lost a lot of his speed....good KO though.
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM
A Kessler-Dawson fight would look a lot like Dawson-Adamek. I'd rather see Dawson v.s Pascal or Erdei.
05-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Despite Kessler being a solid fighter & coming off a spectacular KO, I'm still not sure he gets by Dawson! Kessler's best chance on beating Dawson would to get another 1 or 2 solid fights at LHW to get his body used to the weight.

Kessler's a threat to himself with his injuries, but still can't afford to continue to be inactive at this point. If he can keep busy n get a solid win or two n see how he may fair up then.

That may not be enough though. At this point I think Dawson outboxes & beats the game Dane in a competitive but clear victory!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Morales vs. Garcia Discussion Thread Byrd Man 49 28,456 10-27-2012 07:57 PM
Last Post: BrutalBodyShots
  Cotto-Margarito II PPV Discussion Thread SKULLSPLITTER 315 188,933 12-10-2011 10:00 AM
Last Post: Method
  Mares-Agbeko II Showtime Discussion Thread SKULLSPLITTER 49 29,307 12-06-2011 09:38 AM
Last Post: SKULLSPLITTER

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)