Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

"I DON'T KNOW WHY BOB ARUM SIGNED THIS FIGHT...BRAD
05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Love JDJ. Knows his shit, and cool cat. I liked Bradley's chances in this fight from jump. I'll be laying money on him. Has nothing to do w this interview (which I haven't even read yet).

"I don't know why Bob Arum signed this fight because Bradley is a very dangerous fighter. He's a very dedicated fighter, he is in tremendous condition when he fights, and you can't take that from him. There are a couple of things he is lacking, but he makes up for it with his heart and determination. Me, I give him a great chance as long as he shows up that night...Bradley has a shot to beat this guy. Most people think Pacquiao is just going to run over him, but I don't see it that way. If Bradley comes to fight the way I know he can fight, Bradley can beat this boy. He can upset him," stated world-class trainer John David Jackson, who shared his thoughts on the upcoming June 9th showdown between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley. Check out what else he had to say!

PC: You have been in this sport for a long time, both as a boxer and a trainer. You weren't around when the strength and conditioning coach craze took over or when PEDs were so common use. When you see guys like Andre Berto and Lamont Peterson test positive for tests that they requested, what do you make of all of this?

JDJ: If these guys are using, I don't agree with that. In my day, we didn't do that; maybe because it wasn't available, which is probably why guys didn't do it that we know of. I'm against it completely, but it raises the question as to why maybe Manny doesn't want to take the test at all. All he has to do really is let them take a few follicles of his hair. That's all he has to do and they will find out right then and there. No blood test is needed. Just give them a few strands of hair; they will get it to whoever they need to get it to and they will find out if he's clean or not. They don't want to do that and it raises the question and raises doubt if he is a clean fighter or not. And if Victor Conte's track record is so bad, why even deal with him? Why even go there? Leave him alone. The non-use of drugs got them so far, why deal with this guy in any capacity all of a sudden? These drugs only seem to hurt these guys career more than it helps.

PC: Of course the main event on the card where Bailey and Jones lock horns is Manny Pacquiao against Timothy Bradley. It appears the closer the fight gets, more people are starting to give Bradley a chance. How do you see this fight going?

JDJ: My thing is, believe it or not, I gave Bradley a chance in this fight when it was first signed. I don't know why Bob Arum signed this fight because Bradley is a very dangerous fighter. He's a very dedicated fighter, he is in tremendous condition when he fights, and you can't take that from him. There are a couple of things he is lacking, but he makes up for it with his heart and determination. Me, I give him a great chance as long as he shows up that night. People say his chin is questionable and his heart is questionable. I don't question the heart. His chin is questionable, but people seem to think when Manny hits him, he's gonna fold. I don't really see that happening. I've always said that to people. Manny has never really fought a black fighter in his prime that's young, strong, and not having to lose weight to give him a certain weight limit disadvantage. Bradley can come in and be strong at 147. He's gonna be in shape, he can box, and if he comes to fight and there is no trickery in the game because you gotta ask yourself Percy, why would Bob put his cash cow in with another guy that could possibly beat him? So there might be something in the mix there. I don't want to say the fight could be fixed because they would be taking something from Bradley, but I ask that question, why would Bob make this fight unless he knew that Pacquiao was going to win this fight, and not on the cards because look,
this is not an easy fight for Pacquiao. He's a tremendous offensive machine and I give him credit for that, but defensively he's lacking a lot and Bradley could expose all of that. And when it comes to Bradley's head, maybe Bob has something down I don't want to say with the commission, but just to make sure that if Bradley uses his head, they gotta take a point right away because, and Bradley might get mad when I say this, but he uses it as a weapon. He's used it over and over again blatantly. He doesn't know what it's like not to use it. If Pacquiao people are smart, and I know they are, they gotta have it to where the first time he uses it, they gotta take a point right then and there. You gotta get the points early and stop him from doing that, and if he keeps on doing it, then you gotta disqualify him, but it still makes no sense to me why he put his number one guy in against this kid. Bradley has a shot to beat this guy. Most people think Pacquiao is just going to run over him, but I don't see it that way. If Bradley comes to fight the way I know he can fight, Bradley can beat this boy. He can upset him.

PC: I always like to get your thoughts because you're always honest. I wish you and Randall the best of luck on June 9th. Is there anything you want to say before I let you go?

JDJ: Percy I just want to thank you brother. I love what you're doing and keep doing your thing. I want to say that you are one of the few guys thata lot of these so-called writers pretty much succumb to these promoters and they just write nice things about them and they sugarcoat things. I like you, man, because you don't sugarcoat it. You gonna tell it like it is, whether people like it or not, and I wish more guys that cover boxing would carry themselves the way that you do. Your honesty is beautiful and just keep doing what you do, man, and telling the truth, and if it exposes anything in the sport, then let it expose it because the fans need to see that. So I encourage everyone to keep reading your columns and your website because you do it the right way and that's the way it should be done. You don't have to sugarcoat anything; you just make sure all of the dirt comes out in the wash and if it's dirt, then don't do it. But you let it be known what's happening in the game and I appreciate you, man. Keep doing your thing and I want all of the fans to keep reading your website and your columns, man.

PC: I appreciate that, and coming from you John, it's an honor. Much respect and I truly appreciate the kind words my man.

JDJ: Anytime Percy. Take care my brother.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
I share his opinion. When they signed this fight I thought to myself "Why not go after Mayweather? Chances are that Pacquao would lose but at least he would make a shitload of dough. Here the chances of losing are still high, though not as much, and he's going to make less money.

Some posters in this board have said that Bradley is going to have a hard time with Pacquiao because he doesn't have a straight right. I suspect that he might be working on it, but even if he's not, his looping right is so quick and accurate that he will be able to catch Pacquiao often. Pacquiao is not a defensive wizard. Moreover, I think Bradley is going to be gunning for the body more than anything.
05-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:I share his opinion. When they signed this fight I thought to myself "Why not go after Mayweather? Chances are that Pacquao would lose but at least he would make a shitload of dough. Here the chances of losing are still high, though not as much, and he's going to make less money.

Some posters in this board have said that Bradley is going to have a hard time with Pacquiao because he doesn't have a straight right. I suspect that he might be working on it, but even if he's not, his looping right is so quick and accurate that he will be able to catch Pacquiao often. Pacquiao is not a defensive wizard. Moreover, I think Bradley is going to be gunning for the body more than anything.
i can't see him making less than 30 mil against Bradley, Mayweather offered 40 mil flat. that's a terrible deal. this is a good fight and good money for fighting somebody with no real draw, i don't see Bradley winning but all things considered this was probably the best thing out there besides him fighting Cotto.
05-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Method Wrote:Love JDJ. Knows his shit, and cool cat. I liked Bradley's chances in this fight from jump. I'll be laying money on him. Has nothing to do w this interview (which I haven't even read yet).
Jackson wasn't the best boxer, but he has a very sound Boxing mind...

Mean Mister Mustard Wrote:I share his opinion. When they signed this fight I thought to myself "Why not go after Mayweather? Chances are that Pacquao would lose but at least he would make a shitload of dough. Here the chances of losing are still high, though not as much, and he's going to make less money.

^^^

Sound mind there too...

Yep...Bradley DOES have a straight right...and even received some personal lessons from Tommy Hearns on how to throw it a while back....he also has VERY good footwork and head movement at times...he's a quick, and at times EXPLOSIVE, little fucker...IF he shows up, he can definitely get inside and take it to Pacquiao's vulnerable body...

That's my whole problem with this fight...I know where both guys stand at their current best (I have Bradley a few names below Pacquiao on my P4P list), and I think that will translate to their performances...but there's too many IFs...WILL Bradley give it his all?, who does Arum want to win?, et cetera...

If Manny isn't at his best, and Bradley peaks, AND everything's legit, The Pacquiao Hype Show will finally and deservedly be over.

and another thing...if everything goes favorably as suggested above, Bradley IS capable of stopping Pacquiao as well....people have always underestimated him...just like everyone did with Marquez last year....well...except for you and I ofcourse...

thumbs up
05-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Bradley will put on a great fight, his efforts will win him a few new fans but ultimately he won't win this fight because he will succumb due to his own game plan. He'll come at PAC because that's how he fights best but PAC will relish it and I see him taking over for a comfortable unanimous decision.

Or maybe a NC due to a head clash.
05-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Sorry guys but Bradley is planning on Marquezing. Counter punch counter punch counter punch with no forward movement. Or Mosleying, run run run run.

When I saw Marquez bulking up, I thought he's planning on stopping Pacquiao. I was wrong. When Mosley said that he will put pressure on Pacquiao, I was excited. But we knew what happened.

So, I'm not gonna expect Bradley to even use his head for ramming. He's gonna use his head for thinking. And logic dictates either to follow Marquez's plan or Mosley's plan.
05-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Marquez beat that ass for 9 rounds, and got robbed.

Doubt that happens with Bradley though. I think Tim will be competitive and make it a solid fight though. Like I've said, I just can't get the image of Margarito pushing Pac against those ropes and ripping him with body shots and snapping his head back. I think Bradley has the strenght (though not the same strength as Margarito) to push Pacquiao back and get pressure on him. He'll land a lot more shots on the ropes too because he has solid speed.

However, Pac will win the first 6 rounds, outboxing Bradley and catching him coming in. That pressure will wear on Manny though, and the next six rounds will be tough for him. It will be especially tough if he takes this fight lightly or his mind isn't their on fight night. If that happens, I could see Manny getting stopped. However, I think he'll be focused enough to win a 116-112 type decision.

Anybody else think this could look like Margarito-Pacquiao a little bit, but with Bradley having more speed, landing more shots, and winning a few more rounds?
05-23-2012, 10:38 AM
This fight has fight of the year written all over it. I've been saying since day one that anyone with the name Desert Storm has to be a BAD ASS. Bradley is THAT GUY. I became a fan when he wiped his ass with Devon Alexander.
05-23-2012, 10:45 AM
A couple of questions leading upto the fight..

Will Bradley show up?
Is Bradley able to hurt Manny?
Will Bradley be able to take a shot from Manny?
How convincingly does Bradley have to win if it goes 12?

Bradley is a very solid all round fighter who has the best resume out of the recent crop of 140 fighters which is one of the reasons why many considered him the man instead of Khan & rightfully considered a top p4p fighter.

Bradley has solid skills & ring smarts, isn't always the most polished fighter but has shown plenty of strong qualities of a champion & carries himself like that in & out of the ring. Like Ward, Bradley comes across extremely passionate, dedicated & respectful towards the sport & think it's their biggest strength. You see Bradley loves boxing & knows what's required, it shows in the ring with his determination & conditioning in particular.

However, Bradley is taking a pretty massive leap in competition in this fight. Bradley has never been in the ring with a fighter of Manny's caliber.. or a fight close to as big as this! So we will get to see how good Bradley is when he moves up in class.

This is a real 50/50 fight. I can definitely see the argument for Bradley being made for Pacquiao with his style but although he may not do anything spectacular to the eye, Bradley on paper, ticks most boxes to beat Manny! Not to mention despite all of the hype circling Manny over the years, Manny has ALWAYS been extremely beatable..even when he's looked like a monster!!

Bradley has never lost, he's got the determination, workrate & attitude to beat Manny who has hit a wall recently. I really hope Bradley can cause the major upset & put things into percpective officially! It would be fitting to see Bradley get the big win!!
05-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Again, sorry guys. But Bradley is planning on either running or counterpunching without offense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Arum: Pacquiao has agreed to fight Cotto-Martinez winner Fitz 18 13,609 05-22-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  WHAT NOW? WILL A FIGHT WITH PACQUIAO HAPPEN LATER LIKE ARUM Method 26 15,984 12-24-2011 04:00 AM
Last Post: STEVENSKI

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)