Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Kirkland vs Saul Alvarez
06-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Kirkland vs Saul Alvarez
JD Wrote:We are kinda bringing the other thread over here, but that isn't a bad thing.

Clinching and holding prevents your opponent from scoring points. When used as a defense, an illegal one at that, it benefits the less skilled fighter who is incapable of counter punching or slipping a shot or side stepping. In the end, you get shitty fights and shitty performances. So while scoring points is key, the real key is scoring more points than your opponent obviously - and if the majority of that differential comes from holding as to avoid fighting, there is a serious issue, especially when it is allowed to continue.

I don't really care to continue to rehash the Kirkland - Molina fight anymore, so you said your last bit there and that's fine. We both know where we stand on it...anyone that foolishly chooses to read our repetitive back and forth gets the gist I am sure as well.

On Canelo - Kirkland...that is a damn interesting fight. Anyone know how many southpaws Alvarez has fought? Granted once he jabs his way in he tends to give away the southpaw advantage, but I would be curious to know how many times Canelo has been in the ring with one.
Gotcha, np
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Saul Alvarez back at HBO. Mean Mister Mustard 119 88,930 12-30-2014 11:48 PM
Last Post: torvix2000
  Saul Alvarez vs Austin Trout - The Future of Boxing Starts Now! Nay_Sayer 99 83,861 05-29-2013 06:07 PM
Last Post: jlupi
  Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Shane Mosley Romulus9 117 67,657 05-12-2012 06:29 PM
Last Post: Dickagon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)