Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Misleading power
06-05-2012, 05:40 AM
Misleading power
Looking for fighter who either have more power or not as much power as their record suggest! ..Or even what most would suggest for a fighters punching power.

Vernon Forrest had some pretty explosive punches that he put alot behind. VF could get power by having his opponents at the very end of his punches, by punching through the opponent or throwing wildly. His power is much more than he record suggests.

Zab Judah is another fighter who has more power than his record suggest.

Vitali Klitshcko is one fighter who doesn't have as much power as his highest KO% in HW history suggests! VK due to his natural size does have thudding power but doesn't show that type of one punch KO power that leaves heads hanging like many other HW champions..& contender's in the past though. Could be due to his style? But he seems to be content with landing on the target but not punching through it or even opening up the right way to get good fashioned KO's.

There has been many other fighters in the past that have come to mind..just not now tho!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Misleading power
ViperSniper Wrote:Vitali Klitshcko is one fighter who doesn't have as much power as his highest KO% in HW history suggests! VK due to his natural size does have thudding power but doesn't show that type of one punch KO power that leaves heads hanging like many other HW champions..& contender's in the past though. Could be due to his style? But he seems to be content with landing on the target but not punching through it or even opening up the right way to get good fashioned KO's.
Totally agree with you on Vitali. Actually both Klits have never impressed me despite the high KO ratio. Most of those KOs are late round stoppages due to accumulation of punches...not so much early one-punch KO stuff.

Like I've said before....when I say Tyson/Berbick.....you can already see Trevor stummbling around the ring trying to stand up....same with Lewis/Rahman II.....or Foreman/Moorer....those KOs were so impresssive they bring back instant memories of the KO.

The same cannot be said for both Klits.....they have a long list of KOs...but you would be hard pressed to really recall one.
06-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Misleading power
The ONLY KLIT KO I remember is Eddie Chambers. Other than that I've never thought of them as one punch KO artist.
06-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Misleading power
Cotto is a wierd one. He's never had 1 punch KO power but he deff could hurt you physically with a punch and an accumulation of them.

Zab is a good example of underrated power.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Misleading power
I always felt that RJJ had a bit more pop on his punches than his record suggests. He had some solid power when sitting on some of his shots.

Darchinyan also has much more power than his record suggests.
06-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Misleading power
Fitz Wrote:I always felt that RJJ had a bit more pop on his punches than his record suggests. He had some solid power when sitting on some of his shots.

Darchinyan also has much more power than his record suggests.
All you need to watch is RJJ avenge his DQ loss to see what kind of power he has. The dude went out for the kill that night and really showcased what he could do with 1 shot.
06-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Misleading power
His 6 feet under now, but I bet my ass that Valero was going to be a guy with overrated power. I was never as impressed with his punching power when I saw him in the ring.
06-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Misleading power
Hopkins
06-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Misleading power
Kostya Tszyu had alot more power than his record showed!
06-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Misleading power
The first guy I thought of was Hopkins. His KO record is shit, but he gets the respect of everyone he fights.

Shit, some fighters aren't the same after fighting him...

"And you got your own steez about you that I appreciate bro. I see it." - Snoop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)