Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Manny's Bitchness has been proven
10-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I've long had my issues with Manny, but I figured I'd give him some credit if he fought Sergio Martinez like he said. He said before if he could get down to 150, he'd fight him. I thought that was too low, personally, but Sergio said sure, let's get it on at 150.

Sure enough, here comes Manny, if the reports are to be believed, saying "well...if he can come down to 147lbs, then sure we can negotiate a deal"

FUCK YOU MANNY! What a bitch!

From The Scene

Quote:WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is not interested in moving up to a higher weight division. The WBC Diamond champion at middleweight, Sergio Martinez, has been chasing a possible fight with Pacquiao. During last month's pre-fight promotion for his title defense against Darren Barker, Martinez said he was willing to "risk his health" by dropping all the way down to 150-pounds to fight Pacquiao.

"I must go down to 150 and take a risk with my health. I want to prove that pound for pound I'm the best boxer. Now there is no excuse," Martinez said.

However, a fight with Pacquiao will require a few more pounds. If Martinez wants to get in the ring with Pacquiao, he will have to risk a lot more than his health by shaving off enough weight to make the welterweight limit of 147-pounds. Martinez, once a 147-pounder, has not made the welterweight limit since October of 2001.

"If Sergio Martinez can get to 147 pounds, why not? We can negotiate a weight," Pacquiao told the Los Angeles Times.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 07:44 PM
no MWs even want a piece of Martinez, i can't expect a WW to. it would be nice to see a fighter challenge himself like that but i don't have high expectations for PPV fighters, just low risk fights.
Find all posts by this user
10-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Byrd Man Wrote:I've long had my issues with Manny, but I figured I'd give him some credit if he fought Sergio Martinez like he said. He said before if he could get down to 150, he'd fight him. I thought that was too low, personally, but Sergio said sure, let's get it on at 150.

Sure enough, here comes Manny, if the reports are to be believed, saying "well...if he can come down to 147lbs, then sure we can negotiate a deal"

FUCK YOU MANNY! What a bitch!

From The Scene

Quote:WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is not interested in moving up to a higher weight division. The WBC Diamond champion at middleweight, Sergio Martinez, has been chasing a possible fight with Pacquiao. During last month's pre-fight promotion for his title defense against Darren Barker, Martinez said he was willing to "risk his health" by dropping all the way down to 150-pounds to fight Pacquiao.

"I must go down to 150 and take a risk with my health. I want to prove that pound for pound I'm the best boxer. Now there is no excuse," Martinez said.

However, a fight with Pacquiao will require a few more pounds. If Martinez wants to get in the ring with Pacquiao, he will have to risk a lot more than his health by shaving off enough weight to make the welterweight limit of 147-pounds. Martinez, once a 147-pounder, has not made the welterweight limit since October of 2001.

"If Sergio Martinez can get to 147 pounds, why not? We can negotiate a weight," Pacquiao told the Los Angeles Times.
Why the fuck does Pacquiao say "We can negotiate a weight"? Does that mean that he would want Martinez to come in even lower than 147?

Pacquiao's a bitch! It's hard to call a great fighter like him a bitch, but that is what he has become, especially when compared to other fighters like Johnson, Morales, Darchynian, etc. who don't care who they fight.
10-28-2011, 07:48 PM
i think his CW fights are more bitchassness then finding his way out of a Martinez fight.
10-28-2011, 08:33 PM
gravytrain Wrote:i think his CW fights are more bitchassness then finding his way out of a Martinez fight.
I agree. I can't blame him for not fighting SMartinez. But just come out and say that it is too far to go up, don't play the fuckin' catchweight bitch. Just start fighting some legit fights. Give some young lions a chance. Enough of this fucked up circus shit.
10-28-2011, 08:58 PM
the thing that irritates me is he earlier said "Come down to 150 and we'll fight" and unexpectedly Sergio says yes.

Now he says come down to 147. If he said yes, would Manny then request 145?
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I like Manny and i believe that if it was totally up to him he like most fighters would fight anyone but it's his ppl Arum, Roach who are makeing a cricus out of his fight and telling him what to go along with.
10-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Sergio Martinez really isn't even in the conversation as far as potential PBF or Pacquaio fights in the near future, and I wish he would stop making so much noise about it and concentrate on the things in boxing he CAN achieve.
10-28-2011, 10:08 PM
From a financial perspective, Manny holds all the cards. The ball is more or less in his court so I can see why he's calling for the weight. But damn, don't turn around and say you accomplished anything by fighting a 147lb Martinez.

All heart. That's what most little guys are.
But that counts for a lot. In the gym or
the ring all you gotta do is get up
one more time than the other guy thinks you can.

- Gabrielle Calvocoressi

http://www.wanderingpugilist.com
10-28-2011, 10:11 PM
That's true Slim. Martinez is coming across as that unpopular kid in high school who keeps chasing the 2 most popular broads around, while instead he could be banging the shit out of the less attractive girls who are willing to do whatever crazy shit he wants.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)