Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

JOHN DAVID JACKSON: "LET ANY FIGHTER STAND IN FRONT OF
06-20-2012, 06:57 PM
You know, I used to dig the shit out of JDJ, then I watched Baily/Jones, and I watched JDJ, who is LITERALLY getting PAID to be in his fighter's corner, bail when the chips were down and send another guy in to give instruction between rounds.

In my opinion? Career suicide! Fuck that. I wouldn't have paid him, and I would have had video tape as justification.

I lost ALL respect after that, and then to see him come in to FloydHype.com and pimp the fighter that he fucking abandoned. I'm not with that. After that night, I was google'ing some shit on JDJ, and I came across interviews, and it was all dogging people and coming back with "when I was in charge", or, "If I was running things", and its just like, please!

Quote:JOHN DAVID JACKSON: "LET ANY FIGHTER STAND IN FRONT OF RANDALL AND HE WILL KNOCK THEM OUT"

By James Alden | June 20, 2012

"Randall is one of the hardest natural punchers in boxing and once he catches you, it's good night. It took him a while to get started, but once he got going, he was able to knock him out...What Randall did was walk him down and stalk him till he caught him with the right uppercut in the 11th to end the fight. Was it an exciting fight? No, but would I say his stock went down after the fight? I would say no also because he's a natural puncher and networks love natural punchers. Randall disproved in this fight that he's done and he can't punch. Let any fighter stand in front of Randall and he will knock them out," stated world-class trainer John David Jackson, who talked about Randall Bailey's come-from-behind knockout victory against Mike Jones, their future plans, and much more. Check it out!

JA: Congratulations on Randall's victory over Mike Jones. I'm sure that's not the way you drew the game plan for the fight.

JDJ: We knew going into the fight that Jones wasn't going to stay in the pocket and trade, contrary to what his corner was saying during fight week. Randall is one of the hardest natural punchers in boxing and once he catches you, it's good night. It took him a while to get started, but once he got going, he was able to knock him out.

JA: What do you say to people who say Randall didn't look good in the fight and maybe his stock might have fallen even though he won the title.

JDJ: You know, I can't argue with the public in how they think he looked in the fight, and they may have reasons for thinking that for the way he fought up until the knockout. Randall is an older fighter and I tell Randall, "Don't shoot your load right away." What Randall did was walk him down and stalk him till he caught him with the right uppercut in the 11th to end the fight. Was it an exciting fight? No, but would I say his stock went down after the fight? I would say no also because he's a natural puncher and networks love natural punchers. Randall disproved in this fight that he's done and he can't punch. Let any fighter stand in front of Randall and he will knock them out.

JA: Did you have to make certain adjustments in the corner John to help Randall get going?

JDJ: Not a lot of adjustments because it takes two to tango. Mike wasn't fighting. Mike was doing what Mike does best and that is run and pitty pat and win a decision that would have stunk the place out. What we were working on was cutting the ring off and catching him with good shots. The only adjustment I made in the fight was to have my cutman jump inside the ropes and tell Randall instructions because he wasn't reacting to what I was telling him. I thought having my cutman go in there and tell him the instructions for me would be good.

JA: Is his next fight going to be a mandatory?

JDJ: Not necessarily. I think he will be taking a fight before his mandatory is due, which will be good so he can get a little extra money in his pocket. You see, right now, all of these young guys are calling him out now, but when Randall was on the bottom looking to fight some of these guys, they wouldn't give him the time of day. You know what these young fighters need to do? They need to earn their shot

JA: Shane Mosley retired after his fight with Canelo Alvarez a little over a month ago. What did you think of the fight?

JDJ: It went exactly the way I thought it would go. Shane was taking a lot of punishment in the fight, and even before this fight, you could see he was done against Pacquiao. He had nothing for Mayweather, and you can't blame Floyd because he had to do what he had to do in the fight. But in the Pacquiao fight, he was looking for a paycheck.

JA: If you were advising Shane, would you have advised him to retire after the Mayweather fight?

JDJ: Yes, I would have because what else would he have had to prove? After the Mayweather fight, to go up against Pacquiao and deceive the public by saying he had a chance to win the fight was ridiculous. Pacquiao is a machine offensively. Defensively he is lacking a bit, but for that fight with Shane, he dominated him. Now when he singed to fight Alvarez, I told everyone that he was going to get beat. I'm glad that he didn't get hurt with all the punishment he took in the fight. The best thing for him to do is retire because the body can't continue to take more punishment.

JA: Bernard Hopkins lost to Chad Dawson. You used to work with Bernard and going into the fight, you thought Chad was going to win the fight. What did you think of the rematch?

JDJ: Let me tell you what went wrong with this fight, and it's going to start with both corners. In the young man's corner of Chad Dawson, you have his team telling him, "Go after him! Go after him!" Chad Dawson excels best when the guy comes into him and he counter punches. For Scully to keep saying, "Go to Bernard! Go to Bernard!" Let me to tell you how stupid that was. If Chad let Bernard come to him, now Bernard is going to use them old legs and make him work. The fight was terrible because Chad couldn't get his hands off, but now had Bernard came to him, he would have gotten off more. Now lets flip the script. Now they're telling Bernard, "Go to him! Go to him!" Now if they knew anything, they would have let the young man come to the old man because it saves his legs and it allows him to set traps. But both corners kept saying, "Go to the guy! Go to the guy!" Both corners had it wrong. Bernard would have excelled better if he let the kid come to him because at this stage of his career, he needs to set traps and work off of what he does. Both corners got an "F" on that front. Don't get me wrong, Chad won the fight, but it wasn't a good win for him.

JA: Do you think Bernard listens to people in the corner or does he go out and do his own thing because he's been around for awhile and knows what he needs to do.

JDJ: Any smart fighter will improvise during the fight. With Bernard, take his two fights with Tarver and Kelly Pavlik. In those fights, he allowed me to draw up the game plan and he followed it to perfection, even when I was in the corner and I couldn't say what I wanted to, even though I trained him for those fights. Bernard, being the smart fighter and allowing me to do what I do, he won those fights convincingly.

JA: Chad Dawson will be fighting Andre Ward. Who do you think wins that fight?

JDJ: That is going to be a tough fight for Chad Dawson, and the reason why I say that Jimmy is because Andre Ward is good at what he does. What he does is not exciting, the way he fights is not exciting, but it's worked for him through the amateurs and throughout the Olympics. With Andre's style, it's going to hurt Chad because Chad is not a busy fighter and there is a certain way you need to fight this young fighter to beat him. When I had Allan Green, he had all of the physical assets, but he didn't train the way he should have, as well as going through his colon problem. Chad's corner really needs to come up with a solid game plan to beat this kid because if he goes in the ring and fights his kind of fight, Ward is going to beat him easily. He needs to get somebody else in his camp to help him come up with a game plan because if he lets Ward fight his fight, in Oakland, he's going to win all the way around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Fuck JDJ. And if he has any pets...fuck them to.
06-21-2012, 01:01 PM
I never viewed Bailey as much more than a gate keeper type fighter. The guy fought like 15 times before he faced someone with a winning record - typically racking up wins/ko % by facing scrubs. He was done almost 10 years ago when young guys like Cotto used him as a stepping stone. These days he looks cracked out. Shame on Jones for getting caught with that shot as he was minutes away from victory. Now Crackhead Bailey gets another big fight before being reduced to gate keeper status for another half a decade or so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  John David Jackson on Sergey Kovalov... Method 10 3,556 09-17-2017 03:05 AM
Last Post: and the NEW
  Hopkins vs. John David Jackson Method 0 1,500 10-03-2014 03:06 PM
Last Post: Method

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)