Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

3 Cubans
06-16-2012, 05:49 AM
3 Cubans
Erislandy Lara
Yuriokis Gamboa
Guillermo Rigondeaux

We got three fighters from Cuba & would say all are not only impressive but have great talent.

Who has the most skilled or impressive of them all & who will go the furthest?

In terms of whose best inside the ring I gotta say

Gamboa
Rigondeaux
Lara

Gamboa is nothing but talent, skill & excitement. He posses Roy Jones like qualities & is very easy on the eye. Speed, power, reflexes, timing, accuracy, dangerous, skillful ect.

Rigondeaux being very slick, patient, southpaw counter puncher with 1 punch KO power. Seems very sound & experienced in the ring despite his lack of pro fights.

Lara also a very slick southpaw boxer that is smart, skilled & can box & dish it out.

In terms of who will beat those around them & who will go the furthest I got
Lara
Rigondeaux
Gamboa

Lara seems the more composed fighter out of the lot, seems very tricky, yet doesn't take too many risks, fighting very smart & effective. Only downfall to the career of Lara is exposure. Lara may be the least marketable of the Cuban fighters at may start finding it even harder to get the fights needed to really blossom.

Rigondeaux seems pretty sound, patient & dangerous. Days are still very early in his career, but all things seem to be pointing in the right direction.

Gamboa despite being the most impressive of the lot has already had an unfortunate start despite his results & performances. Promotional issues, not getting meaningful to decent enough competition & issues out of the ring. All of that aside. Gamboa is a small, short fighter, has shown to get wreckles & pay the price. I havent seen anyone as impressive as Gamboa since Roy Jones but YG doesnt look unbeatable like RJJ did. Gamboa had a late start & is begining to look like he may become one of the biggest waste of talents in 10-20 years time. Time is ticking..

I've been extremely impressed with the skills of these Cuban fighters so far! How far will they go?
Am I missing any other Cuban fighters?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2012, 08:17 AM
3 Cubans
Most complete is Lara and dude has trouble getting top guys to fight him! Again bro, call Martinez!

Like the most Gamboa potential that's kinda going to waste!

now Rigondeaux is a beast and I really wanna see what how good he could be!

I hate that these guys ain't fighting often enough and unless Gamboa isn't gonna have Money May pay Arum contract buy out, I ain't sure what the fuck dude is doing with TMT! Dude needs to start taking faces. Go tell Broner how good his wife sucked his dick and how loved how she licked his balls while she was deep throating his cock and how she loved it in her ass so much he thought she was gonna pass the fuck out! I mean that should do the trick!

Lara needs to do the same or straight up tell Hayman to get these fights done! I like all 3 of these guys & I really wish we could see more come over here to fight!

Off the wall but a just saying type thing especially the 1976 Team Cuba, we missed some really great fights from those years, I mean all those Cuban's gave our top guys hell in the right! And all I know is there were some fights that we couldn't even dream of that would have been mentioned with all of the best fights of all time. Just an example even if Sweetpea was on his way out, but Diosbelys Hurtado was beating the shit outta Sweetpea til Pea ended it with a punch in the last round if I remember right! Trust me, there were Cuban's throughout history that would have given the best out there hell!
06-16-2012, 08:30 AM
3 Cubans
Gamboa and Rigondeaux are way ahead of Lara.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
06-16-2012, 10:37 AM
3 Cubans
Rigondeaux has accomplished the most so far.

I would LOVE to see Martinez-Lara. Good match-up.

Gamboa is in jeopardy of becoming wasted talent.
06-16-2012, 11:20 AM
3 Cubans
Big Slim Wrote:Rigondeaux has accomplished the most so far.

I don't think people fully understand what a great fight Lara vs Martinez would be @ 154 and since they are both having such a hard time getting a meaningful fight, it makes more sense than any other fight I can think of & it should be an easy fight to make!

I agree on Gamboa as well, for his age, he just don't have the amount of fights he should!

It's good to see you posting Big Slim, I hope all is well bro!!!
06-16-2012, 11:34 AM
3 Cubans
BrotherCane Wrote:
Big Slim Wrote:Rigondeaux has accomplished the most so far.

I don't think people fully understand what a great fight Lara vs Martinez would be @ 154 and since they are both having such a hard time getting a meaningful fight, it makes more sense than any other fight I can think of & it should be an easy fight to make!

I agree on Gamboa as well, for his age, he just don't have the amount of fights he should!

It's good to see you posting Big Slim, I hope all is well bro!!!
As everyone knows, I am a HUGE SMartinez fan. Lara v SMartinez would be a great fight that I believe could go either way by stoppage or decision.

I really like Lara too, btw.

To me, this would be similar to a JMM v Ramming Speed. Both would be great fights.
06-16-2012, 11:35 AM
3 Cubans
All's well Brother Cane. thumbs up

I think with the Cubans, the number of fights doesn't matter so much because of their extensive amateur backgrounds. Rigondeaux for example, only has 10 fights but is a legit champion already. But with Gamboa, facing this sort of inactivity at his age is not a good luck going forward.
06-16-2012, 05:51 PM
3 Cubans
I'm a big fan of all 3 and I all think they are all very, very good fighters. Gamboa without a doubt looks to have the 'it' factor, the easiest to market and easiest of the eye as far as a spectator is concerned.
But, I think he has things going against him and this is just a vibe I am getting from him. But he doesn't seem to have both feet on the ground like the other 2. At this stage, he seems to be enjoying the social aspect. He just doesn't appear very grounded.

Though if I'm rating the 3 on who I think will lose the least and be the most difficult to beat in the ring. Then this would be my pick:
  • Lara
  • Rigondeaux
  • Gamboa

I went with Lara, but both him and Rigondeaux are close. I think they will both be in their fair share of fights that are considered 'boring' or 'scrappy'. But especially with Lara, I think he will be very, very tricky and will be similar to Hopkins where he can bring the worst out in people. I really like all three, though the direction Gamboa is heading doesn't look good to me. Which is shit, because he is the most exciting and most natural abilities of the 3.
These are probably the 3 rising fighters that I have high interest in as well, some good future fights can happen around these guys if they keep winning. Though I think Lara will continue to be so avoided.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)