Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Fighters weight limits
10-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Fighters weight limits
There are a couple of active fighters I wonder how high they will move up by the time they call it a day. With different physics, fighting styles and habits, fighters will be able to move up higher than others.

Without concentrating too much on how effective, competitive or weather they will win a title or not in those divisions, how high do you feel these fighters are capable of moving up by the time there career is done?

Nonito Donaire - 140

Juan Manuel Lopez - 140

Yorikas Gamboa - 135

Brandon Rios - 147

Amir Khan - 154

Andre Ward - 190

Carl Froch - 190

Jean Pascal - Heavyweight

Any other fighters that you see capable of competing in multiple divisions in the future?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Fighters weight limits
ViperSniper Wrote:There are a couple of active fighters I wonder how high they will move up by the time there call it a day. With different physics, fighting styles and habits, fighters will be able to move up higher than others.

Without concentrating too much on how effective, competitive or weather they will win a title or not in those divisions, how high do you feel these fighters are capable of moving up by the time there career is done?

Nonito Donaire - 140

Juan Manuel Lopez - 140

Yorikas Gamboa - 135

Brandon Rios - 147

Amir Khan - 154

Andre Ward - 190

Carl Froch - 190

Any other fighters that you see capable of competing in multiple divisions in the future?
I agree with all of the above with the exception of Pascal. I don't think he will go heavy.

Guerrero, if he fights on, will move up to at least 147, maybe 154.

DeMarco will go up to 147.

Segura will go to Bantam.

Broner will end up at least at 140, probably 147.

I could see Pirog at 175.
10-30-2011, 10:16 PM
Fighters weight limits
Sergio Martinez 154 lol
10-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Fighters weight limits
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
ViperSniper Wrote:There are a couple of active fighters I wonder how high they will move up by the time there call it a day. With different physics, fighting styles and habits, fighters will be able to move up higher than others.

Nonito Donaire - 140

Juan Manuel Lopez - 140

Yorikas Gamboa - 135

Brandon Rios - 147

Amir Khan - 154

Andre Ward - 190

Carl Froch - 190

I agree with all of the above with the exception of Pascal. I don't think he will go heavy.

Guerrero, if he fights on, will move up to at least 147, maybe 154.

DeMarco will go up to 147.

Segura will go to Bantam.

Broner will end up at least at 140, probably 147.

I could see Pirog at 175.

I never considered Pascal a Heavyweight until I came across an interview where he brought it up as a possible future plan. It came from a comment about how he does not see a mega bout in Canada against Bute ever happening, due to Bute not wanting the fight and that he'd possibly be fighting as a Heavyweight by the time Bute does decide to moved up!

Pascal is a big dude and I wouldn't put it past him if at one point of his career he decides to move up and have a crack at the Heavyweight division. It seems he has the frame and muscle to eventually add on the weight to make Heavyweight. I'm sure he will be a pretty small Heavyweight and have no idea how he will go considering I have no idea what the Heavyweight will look like then either.

Considering Bute's name is being thrown around these boards, at what division do you think his limit will be? I think Cruiser may be pushing it for Bute and see him reaching Light Heavyweight at one point!

As for Guerrero isn't he getting there in the age department? Being a pup at 140, I think to eventually surpass the Welterweight limit may be out of his reach. Unless he finds himself coming out of retirement and takes the Erik Morales approach Tongue

How about..

Abner Mares - 130

Joseph Agbeko - 126

Mikkell Kessler - 175

Erislandy Lara - 168 (seems small at 154 as it is)

Victor Ortiz - 154 (160, if he doesn't have an early exit in boxing..like he appears he will)

Saul Alvarez - 168

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr - 175 (that's a big Mexican!)
10-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Fighters weight limits
Pascal at heavyweight?

That one kinda sticks out to me...I am not sure he would even be OK at cruiser.
10-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Fighters weight limits

Nonito Donaire - 140

Juan Manuel Lopez - 140

Yorikas Gamboa - 135

Brandon Rios - 147

Amir Khan - 154

Andre Ward - 190

Carl Froch - 190

Good list. I could even see Khan going as high as 160. Pascal to heavyweight can't be ruled out. Its already overflowing with out of shape guys.
10-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Fighters weight limits
Bute's limit is going to be 168, Ward will bust him up then go to 175.
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Fighters weight limits
JD Wrote:Pascal at heavyweight?

That one kinda sticks out to me...I am not sure he would even be OK at cruiser.

Too short? Too much muscle for Heavyweight/Cruiserweight?

Weather he is comfortable or struggling to make weight, I think Pascal is a pretty big Light Heavyweight who is still young. With his speed and skills he has shown, I don't think it's too far fetched to see him carry that at a higher weight and eventually having a fight or two at Heavyweight years from now. Unless his career ends earlier than expected?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)