Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

RAMPAGE and SONNEN throwing shots at each other
07-24-2012, 07:41 AM
So MMA fans have you heard of the shots theyve thrown at each other...Rampage fired first saying "Fuck Sonnen, he sucked in the Silva, he should go somewhere where people enjoy interviews because he aint shit" or something to that effect and Sonnen replied but I cant remember what he said off the top of my head....

This is a fight I would LOVE to see!

Fuckin press conference would be nuts. Two of the biggest shit talkers in MMA and would be a pretty good fight I guess?

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2012, 01:32 AM
BigG Wrote:So MMA fans have you heard of the shots theyve thrown at each other...Rampage fired first saying "Fuck Sonnen, he sucked in the Silva, he should go somewhere where people enjoy interviews because he aint shit" or something to that effect and Sonnen replied but I cant remember what he said off the top of my head....

Fuckin press conference would be nuts. Two of the biggest shit talkers in MMA and would be a pretty good fight I guess?
Sonnen said Rampage wasn't in his league. And he's right. Rampage is a one-dimensional, plodding, one-shot-at-a-time crybaby. Sonnen would take him down and wrestle-fuck him to death.

Rampage has enough on his plate to deal with right now with Glover Teixeira coming up. Rampage cried, bitched, and begged for a fighter that would stand there and trade punches with him, and he's gonna get it in spades with Teixeira. He needn't stand there and run his mouth about Chael Sonnen too. Sonnen will bury him in the press, and Rampage will do nothing except get frustrated and drive his monster truck into some pedestrians.

Rampage versus Sonnen, in the ring or on the mic, is a like a son versus his dad.

Warriors Don't Show Their Heart Until The Axe Reveals It.
07-25-2012, 12:17 PM
yup Sonnen would beat Rampage down like he is his daddy.

Rampage from a few yrs ago would have whooped Sonnen but not now. Sonnen is still rideing high in his mind despite the loss to Silva.
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
kidbazooka1 Wrote:yup Sonnen would beat Rampage down like he is his daddy.

Rampage from a few yrs ago would have whooped Sonnen but not now. Sonnen is still rideing high in his mind despite the loss to Silva.
How far back is a few years ago for you? I think the Rampage that beat Kevin Randleman was probably the best Rampage ever was, and it is maybe that version of Rampage that could match up with Sonnen.

It's really sad to think about Quinton sometimes. He had some of the most brutal ground-and-pound, imo, in the sport's history. In fact, just off the top of my head, only Fedor was better.

And then he fell in love with his punch after KO'ing Liddell the second time and never looked back.

Rampage could've finished his career as one of the best 205lbers EVER. He would've gone right behind Wanderlei and Shogun, I think. Not now.

07-26-2012, 08:17 AM
Warlord Wrote:
BigG Wrote:So MMA fans have you heard of the shots theyve thrown at each other...Rampage fired first saying "Fuck Sonnen, he sucked in the Silva, he should go somewhere where people enjoy interviews because he aint shit" or something to that effect and Sonnen replied but I cant remember what he said off the top of my head....

Sonnen said Rampage wasn't in his league. And he's right. Rampage is a one-dimensional, plodding, one-shot-at-a-time crybaby. Sonnen would take him down and wrestle-fuck him to death.

Rampage has enough on his plate to deal with right now with Glover Teixeira coming up. Rampage cried, bitched, and begged for a fighter that would stand there and trade punches with him, and he's gonna get it in spades with Teixeira. He needn't stand there and run his mouth about Chael Sonnen too. Sonnen will bury him in the press, and Rampage will do nothing except get frustrated and drive his monster truck into some pedestrians.

Rampage versus Sonnen, in the ring or on the mic, is a like a son versus his dad.
Rampage is pretty good at stuffing takedowns tho. He did it vs Hendo, Jones but then again Rashad took him down alot it could be a repeat of that.

İmageİmage

TEAM BLACK
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
The Pre Liddell Rampage was a better gnp fighter and used his wrestling alot more but like Hendo he fell in love with his power. Sonnen would maul him now no doubt in my mind but i would still like to see it.
07-26-2012, 05:05 PM
BigG Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

Rampage is pretty good at stuffing takedowns tho. He did it vs Hendo, Jones but then again Rashad took him down alot it could be a repeat of that.
Sonnen is a better wrestler and alot more consistent with it than Rashad and Jones.
07-26-2012, 10:24 PM
BigG Wrote:
Warlord Wrote:

It's been awhile since I've seen any of those fights, but I can tell you a few things I remember

(A) I actually thought that (1) Hendo won that fight, regardless of what the scorecards said, and (2) Quinton was actually the one going for takedowns, not Dan.

(B) Evans DID beat Rampage, just as I picked him to do. (The picks should be floating around on Fighthype if anyone cared to check.) And he hurt Quinton in the opening stanza on the feet, before taking him down. He got 2 more takedowns in the last round too, I believe.

© Did Jones even try to take Quinton down? Why would he have? Rampage never had anything for him.

Final analysis:
As Bazooka stated earlier, Sonnen has better wrestling than either Jones or Rashad, regardless of what they did in their amateur wrestling careers. Sonnen drives harder for the takedown, and drives more consistently than Rashad or Jones, Jones especially. Jones works well out of the clinch, tossing dudes around, but I rarely see him actually shoot for a takedown anymore. He just stuffs them and hurts guys with elbows up close, and pot-shots them at length.

Sonnen tailored his game specifically towards MMA. To me, he's probably the best pure wrestler in MMA today. His brand of takedown and ground and pound would overwhelm Jackson, who has now become a lazy piece of shit.

Rampage better stay far, far away from any high-level wrestler, in addition to fighters who can mix leg kicks with movement.

In a word, Quinton is done.

07-27-2012, 07:38 PM
The Rampage that beat Dan Henderson would beat Sonnen too IMO.

07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
TheFonz Wrote:The Rampage that beat Dan Henderson would beat Sonnen too IMO.
He would be more competitive, for sure. But that Rampage doesn't exist anymore. Quinton took Dan down because he knew Dan could've hurt him if he traded with him in a 5-round war. And Quinton was always gonna lose a prolonged stand-up battle with Hendo. Dan hits harder and has a better chin.

The Rampage that beat Dan was the last hurrah in many ways for Quinton's career.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)