Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Cleverly-Bellew
10-16-2011, 04:20 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
Appreciate that Maxy. Unfortunately come fight time I was well on my way to paralytic. I'll see if theres a replay I can catch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
Just one more cheers to Maxy for providing those links to Cleverly v Bellew. That was a true boxing fight. More than half of it in a phone booth. Hearts on display and sportmanship afterward.

BHop v Cleverly in England I say.
10-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
smartybeardo Wrote:Just one more cheers to Maxy for providing those links to Cleverly v Bellew. That was a true boxing fight. More than half of it in a phone booth. Hearts on display and sportmanship afterward.

Yeah it turned out to be a better fight than I'd figured it would be, despite the obvious bad blood between the pair beforehand. Was very close wasn't it? I just had Cleverly up but haven't re-watched it yet.

Beardo, I'd fuckin' love for Hopkins to box over here but I still feel he's got to rematch Dawson first. Unfinished business right there.
10-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
Maxy Wrote:
smartybeardo Wrote:Just one more cheers to Maxy for providing those links to Cleverly v Bellew. That was a true boxing fight. More than half of it in a phone booth. Hearts on display and sportmanship afterward.

Yeah it turned out to be a better fight than I'd figured it would be, despite the obvious bad blood between the pair beforehand. Was very close wasn't it? I just had Cleverly up but haven't re-watched it yet.

Beardo, I'd fuckin' love for Hopkins to box over here but I still feel he's got to rematch Dawson first. Unfinished business right there.
I thought cleverly won on the strength of his round 12.

On BHop, I just don't hold a 46 year old ATG to the same litmus as those in their prime. I wouldn't blame him for moving on and going after the $$$ and marginal belt of cleverly. I might even use it as an excuse to bring Mrs. Beardo over for a visit.
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Cleverly-Bellew
Great fight, I had Bellew up for some reason, need to watch it again. Would love a rematch.

Cleverley is talking about fighting Shumenov. I'd like that, as I don;t class the WBO belt as a real one, and Shumenov would be the best he's fought.

Black
10-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
I like some of these British cats. They seem to do things right in the UK & Europe by making fighters stars based on clever matchmaking & promotion. By clever matchmaking I mean giving competitive fights that help build a fighter in profile & skills whilst pleasing the audience by making reasonable cards featuring regional "names".
10-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
STEVENSKI Wrote:I like some of these British cats. They seem to do things right in the UK & Europe by making fighters stars based on clever matchmaking & promotion. By clever matchmaking I mean giving competitive fights that help build a fighter in profile & skills whilst pleasing the audience by making reasonable cards featuring regional "names".
Just like how they did with Mundine in Oz, huh?

Black
10-20-2011, 02:25 AM
Cleverly-Bellew
blackbelt2003 Wrote:Just like how they did with Mundine in Oz, huh?

Black
Far from it mate. Every competitive fight that milk chocolate cunt has been in he either lost or should have lost.

I know there would be a certain amount of good ole Frank's matchmaking but from what I have seen the fights for Commonwealth & Euro titles look to be decent enough matchups & help build a fighters public profile.

Dunno just what I see from the UK & I don't see all that much but it seems to be thriving. I do laugh at the press over there though. The fight press is like when the World Cup is about to kick off. One eyed & completely delusional reporting!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bellew-Flores blackbelt2003 4 2,706 10-17-2016 01:34 PM
Last Post: blackbelt2003
  The Official Cleverly-Karpency Maxy 38 18,699 02-26-2012 11:44 AM
Last Post: lloyd mayflower

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)