Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Al Haymon
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Al Haymon
Who is Al Haymon and how did he get so much power in boxing? Is it all just using Floyd's influence?

According to Wikipedia:

"Alan Haymon is a boxing adviser known for his clout in the sport, specifically for his ability to land significant television coverage for his fighters.[1]"

That statement reminds me of about an experience I had about 15 years ago when I was a financial analyst visiting a new management at a small waste disposal company that was bleeding money. The new management (very tough seeming guys) was asked how they were going to turn the company around and the answer was "We specialize in renegotiating government contracts." After that, there really wasn't much to ask because that seemed like something out of the movies, as if the unions were already on board and the politicians were naturally going to make concessions. That's what Al Haymon seems like to me from the little I know of him.

I just don't understand how being associated with Haymon is such a huge boost for fighters. What leverage does he have with HBO outside of his relationship with Floyd?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Al Haymon
Waste management co that was bleeding money. Go figure.

Al Haymon is the closet thing to Kaiser Souze there is.
08-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Al Haymon
probably a couple of things. on the networks it's just all politics, working with Mayweather could get him a lot of big license fees and fight dates as it's. he's supposed to be an adviser but he actually negotiates with all the networks directly for his fighters. it's illegal so you know the networks don't really give a fuck. another thing is he's friends with the last ceo of time warner and they own hbo, that could get anybody a big advantage over anybody else in the industry.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)