Legal Stream
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:but that's how it goes...homefield advantage has become TOO much of a factor nowadays...
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!

That shit aint gonna fly for a second!!!!
I agree that "homefield advantage has become TOO much of a factor nowadays" but I still think Burns earned this victory by a round or 2.

It was a crossroads fight. Burns fought well. Kat fought hard but didn't do enough. A year ago (before JMM) Kat takes this.

Burns stepped up and should get a shot at the top now.
I'm not disputing homefield advantage. Although I think it plays a factor sometimes, I dont believe it does in every scorecard, and I will not for a second accept that Ricky Burns wasnt a worthy winner, though I will accept that if Kats got the nod that wouldnt have been a robbery either, though it that case I would have disagreed with the judges.

What i'm disputing is that anyone calling homefield advantage for Ricky Burns on Saturday night needs to dust off their world atlas, cos Ricky Burns was a long way from Coatbridge.
Kind of like Ward fighting outside of Oakland?
More like Ward fighting in Canada, or Mexico
Are we gettin' a wee bit political here?

Maybe like Ward fighting in Texas.
No, it has to be a different country on account of Scotland and England being different countries. Theres nothing political about that, I just feel that theres a border there, people should respect it.
Don't be gettin' your . . nah . . oh that's right you don't wear those under there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Legal Stream
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
SmartyBeardo Wrote:
lloyd mayflower Wrote:
The CEO Wrote:but that's how it goes...homefield advantage has become TOO much of a factor nowadays...
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!

That shit aint gonna fly for a second!!!!
I agree that "homefield advantage has become TOO much of a factor nowadays" but I still think Burns earned this victory by a round or 2.

It was a crossroads fight. Burns fought well. Kat fought hard but didn't do enough. A year ago (before JMM) Kat takes this.

Burns stepped up and should get a shot at the top now.
I'm not disputing homefield advantage. Although I think it plays a factor sometimes, I dont believe it does in every scorecard, and I will not for a second accept that Ricky Burns wasnt a worthy winner, though I will accept that if Kats got the nod that wouldnt have been a robbery either, though it that case I would have disagreed with the judges.

What i'm disputing is that anyone calling homefield advantage for Ricky Burns on Saturday night needs to dust off their world atlas, cos Ricky Burns was a long way from Coatbridge.
Kind of like Ward fighting outside of Oakland?
More like Ward fighting in Canada, or Mexico
Are we gettin' a wee bit political here?

Maybe like Ward fighting in Texas.
No, it has to be a different country on account of Scotland and England being different countries. Theres nothing political about that, I just feel that theres a border there, people should respect it.
Don't be gettin' your . . nah . . oh that's right you don't wear those under there.
Damn straight we dont!!!
11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Legal Stream
I understand why you say these things, Lloyd...and that's cool...I know the boundaries, and I respect your view...

but takin' it all in...Australia vs. Scotland, The UK, the size of The UK, who the crowd and announcers were for, et cetera...it was a homefield advantage.

and for the record...many people saw a Kats win and a Draw on other forums...

Good win for Burns...
11-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Legal Stream
The CEO Wrote:I understand why you say these things, Lloyd...and that's cool...I know the boundaries, and I respect your view...

but takin' it all in...Australia vs. Scotland, The UK, the size of The UK, who the crowd and announcers were for, et cetera...it was a homefield advantage.

and for the record...many people saw a Kats win and a Draw on other forums...

Good win for Burns...
Dont get me wrong, I fully appreciate that the judging of that fight could have gone either way. I know from what you said during it that you felt Katsidis was winning rounds when they were on the ropes, for me I felt that Katsidis' aggresion was ineffective and as such thats why I thought Ricky won the fight.

I thought Katsidis would win going in, but the way in which I felt he would win (along with most others I think) was removed from him by Rickys style

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)